+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Help for a newbie

Hello I just got my vx6600 phone with verizon. My problem is when I connect to the internet on CDMA I see a window come up that states it is dialing #777 to connect. When that window disapears I get my web page. Now the problem is when I go and click the next link that it comes back (the dialing window) and reconnects. I think this is not normal? I can understand that the first time I use a data connection it might have to do this but not everytime I change sites. Is there a way to keep my phone in data mode?

I do notice when this happens my signal icon changes.... It becomes something that looks like a funnel to the left and singal bars to the right of it. and when it redials and connects it has signal bars with 2 arrows (1 pointing right and the other pointing left) above the signal bars.

Please help... Because I only have 4 days left to return if my phone is defective....

Thanks so much...

Bob

thats not normal. once it connects it should show the bars with the arrows. since you are short on time i'd try a hard reset to reset to original setting and try to connect to the internet after you reset the phone. if you don't connect with the default settings exchange the phone for a new one.

Just not Right, Connection Problem

Ok,

First, Verizon support is not so good. They seem to not know this phone to good.

I did a hard re-set of my phone last night and it starting working the way it should (I think).

I might have not memtioned it in my last post but it seems like my data connection problem happens at night.

So I say to my self what changed after I reset it? Well it went back to factory defalts which includes the time and date. Now its 3:00pm or something and it does not do the re-dial thing everytime I go to a new web page.

Next I switch the phone to the correct time which is 12:30am. Now it does it again!! Switch it back to afternoon like 2:00pm and it works.

I look at my wireless sync settings the Push/ReadySync setup and its setup to enable push everyday between the time of 5:30am and 10:00pm.

I change the setting to everyday 12:00am to 12:00pm and it now works link it should.

Do you think my phone is working like it should or is this not normal aslo??

Thanks
    Bob

Have you set the clock to the right time zone? Is your PC on the right time and zone also? When you sync have you instructed the AS to sync the clock when it is docked in the cradle?
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

That's normal behavior. The phone maintains a connection (although often dormant) during the sync hours you define so it doesn't redial for data all the time. Outside those hours, the phone disconnects from the data connection whenever you time it out (about 1 minute) and must redial to reconnect each time.

Ok thanks,

How come no-one at verizon had any idea that was why my phone would act that way. I got different answers each time I called. Even level 3 support never pointed to my push\sync setting to see if thats were my problem was. I was lucky to stumble on it myself...

If thats normal I have 1 more question... When its in the Data Dormant mode will my phone ring through or go to my voice mail.

It seems like it rings though when I'm not on the net NOT passing data, but goes to voice mail when I am..

Boy I love this phone so far!!

Oh.. one more thing..

Does anyone have a keyboard that is kinda loose? my slips out to easy? And would they replace my phone for this reason alone?

Thanks so much...

I'm so happy I found this form with its WEALTH of Knowlege!!!

Bob

Converged

Question I'm new to the XV6600

Hello All,

I have to have to sadly give up on my Kyocera 7135 and switch to a newer product that hopefully is more robust. I love the functionality of the 7135 and the clamshell design, but I have had 4 of them in 2 years and am tired of waiting for this new one to start with the fatal exceptions. The XV6600 look like the best alternative available from Verizon. I hope I like the PocketPC OS as much as I liked Palm OS with Beyond Contacts.

The posts I have read are correct, the manual sucks. For the cost of this unit, the ‘pouch’ that came with it is pathetic.

Just got it today and have a few questions.

1) How do I get it to open with the Today screen, not My Info?
    2) How can I change the menus to show by list, not icon?
    3) Can I set the font size for menu items?
    4) I have set the ActiveSync to manual however it still goes out and looks at the PDA all the time in the sync base?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi Eric.

The 7135 was a winner in its day but you'll like the 6600 once you get used to it.

#1 - Tap on your user name, tap on the "Options" tab, and uncheck the two boxes.

(I'd like to know the answers to #2 & #3 too.)
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

You can change the Font Size with PocketTweak. http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=1381

Don't know about #2, and I'm not sure what you're asking in #4?
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    #4: Activesync the program does two things. 1)connect to your ppc. 2)sync up several categories of info.

YOu can control #2 by telling it when to sync.
    #1 happens when you put it in the cradle, unless you disconnect the USB connection.

I do the latter.

E

Robertp039 careful what you install. I had installed calcnow and that broke the connection. (Don't ask me why)

Hard resetting always seems to bring the proper behavior of trying to stay connected back. Also setting the wireless sync to 12-12 seems important too.

So when I install I new program I always back up. I do the install, then I take it out of the cradle and ensure it trys to reconnect. If not, hard reset, and restore.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    [I gotta ask... Dolph Lundgren in Universal Soldier, or was it I Come in Peace?]

Originally posted by Ehud
    [I gotta ask... Dolph Lundgren in Universal Soldier, or was it I Come in Peace?]
    I thought it was Rocky III....whoops, meant Rocky IV

**Edited--forgot it was Rocky IV, not III. How could I forget Clubber Lang?
    Last edited by mwfielder; 03-17-2005 at 11:43 AM.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Rocky IV. Ivan Drago.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2