+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy ActiveSync won't open

All of a sudden when I put my PPC in the cradle ActiveSync doesn't open to allow me to sync. I get the green icon in my system tray but it won't open the window or allow me to sync when I double click or right click. Is there a solution (other than reinstalling ActiveSync)?

Thanks!

Soft reset the device and restart windows on the PC. See if will connect then.
    Jeremiah 29:11

That didn't do it... Is there a setting somewhere? I can get the "Connection Settings" window to open, but that is it. Thanks!!

Wierd. Does it recognize the name of the device, or does it say "Guest"?

Also try opening active sync from the device, and click sync there. If you get an error message, what does it say?

You may need to delete the partnership and make a new one, or if you can't get AS to open again, may have to uninstall/reinstall it.
    Jeremiah 29:11

If I use ActiveSync on the PPC and click the 'Sync' button nothing happens, no errors, nothing. It is as if the button doesn't execute anything. If I click the 'Stop' button it disconnects the PPC from ActiveSync.
    I tried to uninstall and reinstall and that doesn't work either. When I run uninstall I get an error saying I need to reinstall before I can uninstall. When I try to reinstall nothing happens, I see the install program unzipping stuff and then it goes away. I get the same error when trying to uninstall after the attempt to reinstall. I tried to uninstall and reinstall after stopping ActiveSync using Task Manager and get the same error and DOA reinstall.
    I can't edit partnerships because the ActiveSync window won't open. All I can see is the green (or grey when disconnected) icon in the system tray and the related context menu. Double clicking on this icon or right clicking and choosing a command does nothing.
    Thanks for your help!!

Did you uninstall by using the "Add/remove programs"? You might want to uninstall it again and then physicall go in and remove the folder and try re-installing again from scratch.

R

Yeah, I tried to uninstall it using "Add/Remove Programs." I'm not sure I'm ready to delete the contents of the directory yet. Thanks!

I installed ActiveSync 3.7.1 on top of 3.8 and now it works again. I don't know why 3.8 bombed on me...

Thanks for your help!

Help - Installed AS 3.8 now ActiveSync doesn't recognize XV6600

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling AS 3.7 but my computer now doesn't recognize the device when the USB cable is plugged in. Generally, I'm pretty knowledgeable about this stuff, so I"ve gone through this site, did a search, and came up blank. I also double-checked my settings and everything should be in order.

Any ideas?

Administrator
    did you try the cradle?

did you soft reset the phone?

Active Sync won't reconize my Phone

For some reason, my 6601 crashed and when I reset it, it reset EVERYTHING, back to an empty phone. I used active sync with phone to my laptop, so I figured no problem getting most stuff back (Never did a full backup, just synced the files).

Well, the problem is active sync thinks it's a different phone, and now calls my phone Guest. I have looked all over for a place to make the name of the phone the same as the active sync account so they can talk, but can't find one. My active sync account name is "Pocket PC". I don't know what my phone thinks it's name is. How can I either change the name of the phone, or the profile, or copy the old info to the new profile.

Its because you already have a partnership with activesync and your phone. With your phone disconnected Go to activesync -> file -> delete partnership -> pocket_pc

Then plug in your phone and go through the partnership dialog again. After that you can re-sync your data.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2