+ Reply to Thread

Need WORKING recurring notification alerts for SMS etc

Hi all,

I need a WORKING solution for recurring alerts, so my XV6600 can replace my Treo. On the Treo I use TreoButler/AlertManager to produce recurring alerts. PhoneAlarm mentioned here in this forum has the right idea, but is nowhere close to working. Until then, does anyone have ANY viable solution for repeating alerts on this device?

Thank you

Brandon

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar

Re: Need WORKING recurring notification alerts for SMS etc

Originally posted by cbtrussell
    Hi all,

I need a WORKING solution for recurring alerts, so my XV6600 can replace my Treo. On the Treo I use TreoButler/AlertManager to produce recurring alerts. PhoneAlarm mentioned here in this forum has the right idea, but is nowhere close to working. Until then, does anyone have ANY viable solution for repeating alerts on this device?

Thank you

Brandon
    I think we'll just have to be patient a little longer; Bruce has made great progress in this department with phoneAlarm, and there's nothing else out there that is close to being released.

The more we use the betas (version 5 out now), and report back to him, the sooner we'll be able to send him money
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

Re: Re: Need WORKING recurring notification alerts for SMS etc

Originally posted by Kreigz
    I think we'll just have to be patient a little longer; Bruce has made great progress in this department with phoneAlarm, and there's nothing else out there that is close to being released.

The more we use the betas (version 5 out now), and report back to him, the sooner we'll be able to send him money
    No doubt I was impressed to see his response to the most recent feedback this morning. I will try to notch up the patience just a bit - but I really can't believe this doesn't already exist for the Windows Mobile platform!

Brandon