+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sprint 6601 SMS notification won't go away.

I have the envelope or bubble on my top bar all the time. When I tap on it, it says TEXT MESSAGE SENT. I don't have any way of getting rid of it. So it looks like I always have a new message or notification when in fact I don't. It will stay there until I soft reset the device. Anyone else see this?
    Also the sending of a text notification after it goes is REALLY annoying! ANd then sometimes after it says it went, it then gives a bubble that says it didn't due to a signal problem......... real annoying!

Anyone else see anything like this or know what I should do?

I've gotten the same thing, only a soft reset fixes it. Even worse now I have a voicemail indicator that wont go away, even with a soft reset.

The voice mail icon thing is a PITA. I think you get that from hanging up before the girl has a chance to say, "you have no more new messages." I think that's the point at which they send the 0 message count to your phone and your phone clears the bubble. If you hang up before receiving that message, you have to either wait until you have another message or create one and delete it and let her tell you that you have no more new messages.

Well the icon that won't go away is incredibly annoying. I am constantly looking at my phone when I am a way to see if I have any type of message. Doesn't it seem like they should have a better notification method. One icon for each call/message type in a seperate place rather than a bubble that you have to tap to see what is there?
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

My wifes phone has a similar issue but, instead of having the bubble, hers says she has 1 message. Even with all the folders empty!

Administrator
    yep! this is what you guys are experiencing... if the conditions are just right, it will cause the phone to miss the flag to clear the icon...

Originally posted by WFTarHeel
    The voice mail icon thing is a PITA. I think you get that from hanging up before the girl has a chance to say, "you have no more new messages." I think that's the point at which they send the 0 message count to your phone and your phone clears the bubble. If you hang up before receiving that message, you have to either wait until you have another message or create one and delete it and let her tell you that you have no more new messages.

It is real annoying! And hard to clear up.
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

I have had this happen. The only fix I know of is just call yourself and leave a message, listen to the message, press 7 to delete the message and wait for the "No Messages" indication. The voice mail notification will now be gone.

JDees has hit it on the head. This has happened to me twice...
    the second time, it told me that I had 2934832 new voicemail. I mean, hell, I am popular... ya know.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Originally posted by Darth Pooh
    J...I mean, hell, I am popular... ya know.
    Heh You think so

The problem is caused by poor network connectivity. Your provider tells your phone whether to show that indicator.

If you reset your phone, you're only resetting your local indicator.

In general if you want to "reset" the indicator and you're in a poor-reception area, you can turn flight mode on and off. The flight-mode-off thing re-initializes the network connection and gets that status flags... which means if you have no voicemail your notification indicator will turn off.

Ehud
    *lol* yet again

Ehud, while I'd love to say you're adding to this... when my flags were stuck both times, Flight-mode would not re-set my flags. It's a matter of getting the phone to actually see there is no mail by pushing through an actual voicemail. Go two steps forward to go one step back... I didn't make the rules, I just play the game.

No, that's not it

Try not to confuse the other viewers by making up things.

Thanks for playing

Ehud

Right, because I forgot this was the Ehud-variety hour. If you're trying to call me a liar... that's fine. Like I said, going in and out of Flight-mode did not clear my network status. Technically, a soft-reset would then do the SAME exact thing. They both turn off the radio and re-initialize to the network, so it would make a lot of sense if people soft reset and could not clear the flags.

Tell me, have you ever had the voicemail issue?

*lol*

Try not to lie to people and nobody will call you a liar.

A soft-reset is not the same as flight mode, since the latter doesn't harm your PC in any way.

Cheers,

Ehud

Nice way to ignore the question. Didn't think so.

Have fun with ignorance and bad information.

*lol*

Your information is just blatently wrong, and you're willing to stand by it. Amazing.

Oh btw, when I stated that a soft-reset and a flight-mode toggle do the same thing to the radio, that sir, is correct information. Hook the phone up to a debugger and watch. Amazing what REAL information can do.

*lol*

Look, I'm sorry you're having a bad hair day. I'm still trying to provice information that will help the majority of this forum's users the majority of the time while causing minimal data loss.

Clearly flight mode is less harmful to the rest of the PC than soft reset. Since you agree the two do the same for the radio stack then it's fairly obvious that flight mode is less harmful overall than soft reset

Ehud
    p.s. "blatant"

Dear Sir,

Your point is moot. The stack is affected the same exact way in both procedures. My point was that since people have tried to reset their flags by soft-resets, that a flight mode toggle would be irrelevant. I myself have experienced this flag issue, therefore I gave my advice as to how it was cleared (please see above for reference). I also inquired on your experience in this situation, and to this point there has been no response. Therefore, I can only conclude that you're speculating that a flight-mode toggle would remedy these issues. You're point that a soft reset vs. a flight-mode toggle is ponderous. Please clarify where I may be misinterpreting you're solution.

Darth
    p.s. "flagrant"

Addendum:

I did not in anyway suggest a Soft-reset was neccessary to solve this flag issue. As a matter of fact, my post was to reinforce JDees post. In confirming his post it would give forum users an assurance of a simple fix (i.e. leaving yourself another voicemail).

Darth
    p.s. *lol*