+ Reply to Thread

Compatible chargers

This may be a silly question, but I have to ask b/c I left my charger and cradle at home.

Are all the PPC6601, 6600, O2, etc.... chargers and cradles compatible? Actually, I just need a battery charger.

Of course, I bet you a billion dollars that neither the cradle nor the charger will come with that piece that lets you plug it in directly. I guess it's worth just getting another cradle to keep at work.

Anyhoo, that's my question.

P.S. See my other thread about help on PPC proggies 'n stuff.
    More bars in more places are only good if you're an alcoholic

HOO HAA!

Re: Compatible chargers

Originally posted by mrdobrow21
    This may be a silly question, but I have to ask b/c I left my charger and cradle at home.

Are all the PPC6601, 6600, O2, etc.... chargers and cradles compatible? Actually, I just need a battery charger.

Of course, I bet you a billion dollars that neither the cradle nor the charger will come with that piece that lets you plug it in directly. I guess it's worth just getting another cradle to keep at work.

Anyhoo, that's my question.

P.S. See my other thread about help on PPC proggies 'n stuff.
    Verizon VX6600 and Audiovox 6600 (sprintpcs) are compatible. The other genre's, aren't 100% compatible, but can be forced to work. (I wouldn't suggest it myself).

There's a little notch in the end of your power plug/sync cable that the GSM versions of the phone don't have.

Short answer: Go to the 'Shop' pulldown at the top of this site, and go to the pdaPhoneHome main store.

They sell approved 6600 chargers for about normal price.

Also, check the FAQ for comments on using the power cable at home, and usb-sync craddle at work.

Cheers,
    Byron

Thank you!!!!
    More bars in more places are only good if you're an alcoholic

HOO HAA!

Does anyone know if there's an iPaq charger or something similar that is compatible?

I'm moving to Seattle and I accidentally let the movers pack my charger and cradle! Now I don't know what I'm going to do... I won't have access to my stuff for at least a couple weeks or so.

Ideally I'd like to find something I can use locally (in Albany). I might have better luck in Seattle I suppose... but my phone isn't going to last til tomorrow when I fly out there.

So do I have any options other than ordering a charger from sprint/verizon/some online store?

Originally posted by bhpaddock
    Does anyone know if there's an iPaq charger or something similar that is compatible?
    I use an Ipaq 2215 charger with an Audiovox DC adapter. Works fine. You can order the adapter from the pdaphonehome.com shop at http://www.pdaphone.com/shop/index.p.../prevstart/0/.
    Mick

I have various iPaq chargers around. I tried the hx4700 adapter and while the connector mostly fits, it doesn't charger. It's a USB-based charger so I'm not sure if that is the problem. Most likely it's just the connector =/