+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Piel Frama Case

Piel Frama Case

I just received my case and I agree with everyone that the quality is good.

Two things that I have noticed.

1. The plastic cover over the keyboard definately separates the slide gap by a mm or so. Don't know if this will be an issue later.

2. When the top of the case is buttoned down, it keeps hitting the buttons. I really don't want to have to lock the buttons every time.... Anyone else having the same problems or how are you dealing with it.

Re: Piel Frama Case

Originally posted by mgmoore7
    2. When the top of the case is buttoned down, it keeps hitting the buttons. I really don't want to have to lock the buttons every time.... Anyone else having the same problems or how are you dealing with it.
    There is no need to manually lock the buttons. You can set the phone to automatically lock all buttons except the power button when you turn it off. This has worked for me. I truly hated this case until I found that feature. Now I like the case a lot.

Settings -> System tab -> Button Lock

That would be good but the phone does not ring when it is turned off.

^^^ That's a problem if that's true, because you can only turn off the PDA part of the phone (and/or disable the radios via "flight mode"). Even that's not completely true, since alarms and alerts still need to function. The only way for the phone to be completely off is to remove the battery.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

I guess I will try again.

Phone will ring

The phone will still ring with the PDA off. You can hit the power button, have the phone lock the keys automatically and still receive phone calls. The phone will wake, tell you who is calling and you can hit Answer or Ignore. The phone will be in PDA mode, so if you need your dial pad while you are in call, jsut hit the green phone button and it will come up.
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

Just tried again.

1. took phone off cradle
    2. pressed power button once (screen went off and none of the buttons work)
    3. call, rings once on calling from phone and goes to voice mail
    4. press power button
    5. screen turns on and buttons work
    6. call, rings to the phone.

Still not working.

Just to check, I removed phoneAlarm v1.00 Beta 6 and I think it is working now. I am going to try a few more times with and with out.

Double check settings, my PPC 6601 works just fine like this...
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

All of this is very strange. I installed phoneAlarm v1.00 Beta 6 again and it seems to be working now.

Unlike the built-in button lock, freeware "Screenlock" program works better for me by shutting down the screen, and locking all buttons except for the SEND and END keys. That way I can answer the phone if I don't want to use the BT headset.

As for the case, I have not found what I'm lookling for. I like flip-down cases with magnetic shut flaps. In the meantime I'm using a universal PDA slip (pouch) case made by Case Logic ($15)

Thanks, I will check into that program.

I am not really sure that I am going to like this type of case. I really wanted something that was on "all the time" but the reality is that I need to have it out to put in an out of the cradle and if it is a pain to take in and out of case then that is not going to work.

Putting it in the case is not really that easy. Definately too difficult to do everytime i get up from my desk. I really need to have the phone on me all of the time but the battery life is dictating that I put it on the cradle more. I think that i need to really get in the habit of starting with a full charge (today i did not and was in the cradle most of the day but in and out with use so it never got charged up.)

Also I am not sure that I like the snap closure. It seems too difficult. Of course anything velcro will not work either since it is too loud. The magnet closure sound interesting.