+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SPB Weather 1.0

SPB Weather 1.0

Is this an opportunity for those who are running Pocket Plus 2.5 to save some screen real estate? I can't tell if radar is available but...

I downloaded 2.5 and installed, but now I have to soft reset every time I change the settings. If I go to the options pages, and pull up the today screen tab, I can't get back out. I can change all the settings, but I can't "ok" to get out of the options screen. Anyone having that issue?

From the website, it looks like you can make SPB weather a tab. I'm going to download it and give it a whirl.
    Jeremiah 29:11

I think SPB Weather looks pretty nice. No radar shots though, but it fits as a tab on Pocket Plus. Click on the day, and it will give you the forcast for 9, 12, & 6 with humidity, wind speed. Updates from Weather.com. Only 10$ if you have another spb product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPB Weather 1.0-screenshot026.gif  

It does look pretty good. Did the soft reset problem go away?

I had planned to upgrade to 2.5 and load the weather tab in tonight. I am hoping that I don't have to uninstall both of them tonight too.

MW-

Which bible software do you use?
    Last edited by Smoothie; 02-15-2005 at 03:05 PM.

Originally posted by Smoothie
    It does look pretty good. Did the soft reset problem go away?

I had planned to upgrade to 2.5 and load the weather tab in tonight. I am hoping that I don't have to uninstall both of them tonight too.

MW-

Which bible software do you use?
    No, but I'm going to send a note to SPB to ask them about it. It only causes an issue if I make changes in the today screen portion of Pocket Plus.

I also noticed (maybe this was in previous versions as well) that there is a place in tools, advanced settings, that has a box that says, "Enable repeating alarms support". I checked that and am waiting to see what happens. I am also using PhoneAlarm beta 6, which is actually working for SMS and missed calls (doesn't seem to be working for VM, but will keep trying).

Anyway, I use PocketBible from laridian.com. They have many different translations (I have 6!) plus commentaries, reading programs, scripture memory programs, etc...

I too have the same problem when I go to the options. I had the same problem with Pocket Plus 2.5 before installing the Weather plugin. The OK button just freezes and the only way out is to soft reset.

I will see how my performance is tonight after my install.

MW -

I too am a Laridian user. I only have three translations though. I hadn't thought of making a seperate tab for this software but it is a good idea.

Happily Converged
    Originally posted by adevan
    I too have the same problem when I go to the options. I had the same problem with Pocket Plus 2.5 before installing the Weather plugin. The OK button just freezes and the only way out is to soft reset.
    I've had the same freeze/re-set problem with v2.2.

Just downloaded 2.5. We'll see...

Has anybody found any other great enhancements in 2.5?

I had to completely un-install/re-install 3 times before 2.5 started working without freezes.
    Mick

Happily Converged
    Originally posted by mwfielder
    I think SPB Weather looks pretty nice. No radar shots though, but it fits as a tab on Pocket Plus. Click on the day, and it will give you the forcast for 9, 12, & 6 with humidity, wind speed. Updates from Weather.com. Only 10$ if you have another spb product.
    I just tried to get the 20% discount and it said it didn't apply to this product. Am I missing something?

I received an email from SPB about the new Pocket Plus and SPB Weather. From that email is a link to handango, and gives you a discount code. If you have purchased a SPB product, you should get the email.

Faxman--check your PM.

Installed the upgrade. Installed the weather app. I have not been able to dupicate the today screen options problem. For now everything is running fine. I do wish that the weather app would go out and establish it's own connection, and then disconnect.

Installed the upgrade. Installed the weather app. I have not been able to dupicate the today screen options problem. For now everything is running fine. I do wish that the weather app would go out and establish it's own connection, and then disconnect.
    Glad to hear no issues with today options!

I actually prefer not to have programs establish their own connections--memory drain fiascos with Journal Bar come to mind, as well as random power ups and battery drain. But, at least with EVDO, if you connect to data (#777) and then hit refresh on SPB weather, the data updates very quickly (for me about 10 seconds).

Installed and running without issue (both 2.5 and Weather). I can't seem to find that discount code anywhere... I think you had to be on their update mailing list to receive it. Anyone have it and would you mind sharing?

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    I installed the upgrade to 2.5 and then I installed the weather application. I had no issues installing or setting it up. It seems to run fine. I miss the detailed information, radar and infrared maps, and rss feed I get with journal bar. However, it is much faster on refreashing the data AND of course it now frees up a bunch of space on the today screen. Also, so far it does not seem to have a memory leak like journal bar had.

I wish it allowed you to store the data cache on an sd card like journal bar.

P.S. scratch that last request... it looks like if you install it to an sd card then it stores the data cache there!!

Anyone know how to make the background something other than your desktop background? The fonts/icons are a bit hard for me to see with my current theme. I've tried different skins, but really what I'd like is to specificy a solid color when the tap is visible (using the Pocket Plus plugin.)

Looks ok I guess. Weather Panel's the one to beat right now though.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Originally posted by maximum
    Looks ok I guess. Weather Panel's the one to beat right now though.
    Weather Panel beats it in the features department. What I like about it is the fact that if you are already using Pocket Plus, it doesn't take up additional room. What I don't like is the way that it updates without any visual indication of when it's done, and the fact that it doesn't have radar images.

Weather Panel beats it in the features department. What I like about it is the fact that if you are already using Pocket Plus, it doesn't take up additional room.
    The latest version of Weather Panel can be run from a SD card.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I run SBP Pocket Plus, but I do not run their today-screen plugin. I find that their plugin consumes a LOT of real estate, takes a WHILE to update, and is a hog on resources.

I get the functionality I want from Yishin Powerpanel (v31 not v35) and that's one-line view of power level, memory level, and a one-button soft reset.

MarsWare WeatherPanel is great. I can't say enough good things about how cool this app is.

Now that I'm not running Voice Command, my DLLs aren't running out of memory, my today screen updates are quick... and about the only thing I could wish for is that VZW would get the camera version out quicker

E