+ Reply to Thread

Stereo Headphone Problems

My PPC-6601 produces sound through one channel when using headphones. I've tried Boxwave mini-buds and other 3.5 mm headsets with a 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm converter getting the same results. I can get sound from both sides if I pull the plug out about 1/8". It seems that the PDA uses a different 2 mm configuration than others. Any ideas on this? Does anyone have a small 2.5 mm stereo headset that works?

Your adapter is probably the 3 conductor type. The PPC techs adapter is expensive at $12.99, but works well with this phone.

Btw, the headset that came with your phone is pretty good. It works for stereo and answering the phone. I just don't like it because I use bluetooth for calls all the time.

PPC Techs.

My solution

In addition to buying the adapter from PPC techs... I took the headphones that came with the phone, and cut them off 1" from the end... I then took my good headphones and cut them off 1" from the end... I soldered my good headphones to the phone wires... and had the best solution... My favorite headpones with a mic, a volume slider, and answer button..... WIN WIN

I ordered 2 in1 headset (retractable) from Seidio.

It allows me to use my favorite headphone to listen to MP3 and also talk on the same headphone.

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=442

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...RSOVP6601%2DSL

Check it out

Administrator

Re: Stereo Headphone Problems

Originally posted by sbouton
    My PPC-6601 produces sound through one channel when using headphones. I've tried Boxwave mini-buds and other 3.5 mm headsets with a 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm converter getting the same results. I can get sound from both sides if I pull the plug out about 1/8". It seems that the PDA uses a different 2 mm configuration than others. Any ideas on this? Does anyone have a small 2.5 mm stereo headset that works?
    yeah the adapter is not the proper one for this phone it seems.

when you hear mono sound in both ears you are actually shorting the connectors as you pull/insert the plug into the connector.

i agree with the others. ppc techs is a good way to go...

You're right about the mono as well as the adapter. I have one
    on order now. Those Seido headsets do look appealing though.

unfortunately I didnt see this post about the boxwave minibuds for the ppc-6600 as just received a pair yesterday and noticed the same thing.... pull 1/8" out and it works.

The design of the boxwave is neat, in that it is retracting.... it seems that the headphones that came with the phone are "tangle extra-ordinare".

it is crappy that boxwave is selling this product like this. I will be contacting them and complaining about false advetising.
    HTC Mogul, ROM 3.35.651.2, RADIO 3.35.04 Protocol DCAAXAM-4350H, PRL 60610, HW 0003
    (former PPC6600 user; 2005-12/2007)