+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Multiple Ringtones?

I want to have different ringtones for different people...is this posisble? If not...is there a program that will do this (or do i need to learn .NET Compact Framework...lol)?

http://www.potalasoftware.com/

It seems to be fairly stable, I have had problems after applying the bluetooth patch. I have not tried it with the software update. Its also great for dialing with your fingers instead of a stylus.

Anyone else using this?
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

The lastest version of Photo Contacts 1.20 allows for the assigning of both images and ringtones to each contact. You'll have to search around for it but it's around.

There's also "RingerX" which does the same thing.

The latest version of Photo Contacts is 1.0e, and it has been out for a while. It is nice when it works, but if you have a task manager it seems to turn off photo contacts a lot, making it quite useless. It does NOT have ringtones support. RingtoneX does, but does not work with the pPC6601.

Potala is quite awesome, but has too many bugs to be useable. The writer of Potala was active on these forums for a bit and there was some hope he would customize it to work with our ppc's, but havent heard from him in a while.

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    The latest version of Photo Contacts is 1.0e,
    No, the latest version is 1.20 and is does have ringtone for contact support. Trust me, it's on my device. My PDA2K didn't have it stock so I picked up from a site and installed it. Works great.

Information on Photo Contacts 1.20 can be found here.

This is for Photo Contacts from pocketx.net? Their website lists 1.0e as the latest rev. That would be awesome if it was updated. Do you have a link, it looks like the link on the developers page was taken off.
    iPhone 3GS !!

I see Handango has a version which was submitted on 2/14/05, 1.0g, but no mention of 1.20. Hope I can find a link.
    iPhone 3GS !!

http://anything.leitches.com/PhotoContacts%20v1.20.CAB

This is pulled from the Imate Jam. It works fine on my PDA2K too. Perhaps this is a different "Photo Contacts" than what's on the 6600. Just seems odd they'd both have the same name.

WOW!!! This really works, lots of us have been looking for distinctive ringtones. This works perfectly, no delay or volume issues, and the photo ID works very nicely also.

This should definitely be a sticky as the 2 no brainer things that should have been included with this phone are voice dial and photo/ringtone caller ID.

Just to clarify this is a ringtone/photo caller ID program taken from the i-Jam, not to be confused with the commercial program Photo Contacts which is nowhere as good as this free program.

lgreenberg you just made my week!

Glad I could help.

Any chance of whoever extracted this to also extact the Ijam dialer? It seems to have some very nice features including the ability to scroll thru contacts using T9 features using your finger.

http://smartmobileassets.com/cgi-bin...s,m=1108680593
    iPhone 3GS !!

Yep.

See this thread.

Someone asked the same thing of Evans over at Hofo.

Here was the reply.

Yes, they have it worked out over at xda-developers.com. I had it installed on my pda2k a month or so back, but it was not working too well so I removed it. Do some searches over there and you will find the necessary files to load. They may have figured out all the nuances by now....

I'll look around for the files.

Originally posted by lgreenberg
    http://anything.leitches.com/PhotoContacts%20v1.20.CAB

This is pulled from the Imate Jam. It works fine on my PDA2K too. Perhaps this is a different "Photo Contacts" than what's on the 6600. Just seems odd they'd both have the same name.
    Great app. Thanks for posting it.

Somehow after installing it my "Today" screen is screwed up. Oh well. I'll get around it. But photocontact 1.2 is great. I can't understand why the PPC6600/6601/XV6600/SX66 did not have it in the first place.

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    WOW!!! This really works, lots of us have been looking for distinctive ringtones. This works perfectly, no delay or volume issues, and the photo ID works very nicely also.

This should definitely be a sticky as the 2 no brainer things that should have been included with this phone are voice dial and photo/ringtone caller ID.

Just to clarify this is a ringtone/photo caller ID program taken from the i-Jam, not to be confused with the commercial program Photo Contacts which is nowhere as good as this free program.

lgreenberg you just made my week!
    fantastic app! thanks for putting it up for us! will be very very useful for me!

One question.... do we need to do anything other than just install it? will it replace the stock app on its own?
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Originally posted by gameboy213
    One question.... do we need to do anything other than just install it? will it replace the stock app on its own?
    It won't replace my stock application....... it is in the docs folder and I have the settings correct, but it won't work when people call. How did you get it to work?

On my PDA2K all I did was move the .cab file into MY DOCUMENTS and then clicked on it on the device. It proceeded to upgraded my installed version of the app to 1.20. The first time I tried to install it it wouldn't work. I think I had to soft reset once to get it to install because it said the app was running, even though it wasn't. Then it worked fine.

It won't seem to work correctly for me........ the stock app is all that is working even though I have the 1.2 installed.
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast