+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Agile Messenger Problems

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum and i wanted to say thanks for all this great info!

After a quick test of Three IM apps:
    IM+
    Agile Messenger
    Verichat

I have come to this conclusion. I use trillain on my desktop PC because I have three accounts: AOL, Yahoo, and MSN. We use messenger at work to communicate with offices in three locations and everybody uses their own IM software so i need the trillain functionality. Anyway, IM+ is a horrible UI. Verichat is by far the closest to Trillian and if it wasn't 25 bucks I would just use it. Agile Messenger is extremely functional and free so I would like to use this.

Here is my problem: After install and initial connect info, everything connects fine and I can message to all three services. Once I close the app and disconnect all subsequent attempts to connect do not work. If I unistall the app/reinstall.. the initial connect again works but nothing works after that. Is anybody else having this problem? Anybody have any thoughts on a solution?

I have sent a message to Agile tech support but being freeware I'm not expecting a timely response.

FYI: I did the upgrade lastnight and everything went fine.. I didnt' try agile before the upgrade so I'm not sure if this caused any issues.

- Rick

Administrator
    are you saying its working now?

some things to check..

make sure you have a data conenction and that its active. make sure you have not manually disengaged it..

can you sign into, say, PIE, and connect? or any other app that requires a data connection?

It works the first time I connect after an install or reinstall. If I close the app and attempt to reconnect it will just wait indefinitely while it tries to connect. I can use PIE, check my hotmail, etc... while it is doing this so I don't think it is my data connection causing the problem.
    XV6600, EVDO

Agile for the most part works great for me. I do have the occasional "connecting indefinitely" and I usually close the app and reopen it to get it to work. I believe going to Options->Exit actually stops the app from running in memory. If that doesn't work, then it's time for a soft reset on the phone.

It doesn't work for me at all and I don't know how to uninstall it. The add/remove doesn't work even after stopping all of the programs and performing a reset.

I'm planning to avoid it after a hard reset and reinstall all of my working apps.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Administrator
    it does take a while for agile to sign in.

how many services are you trying to connect to at once? i have IM accounts for all of the services and when i try to open up all of them, it wil takde a couple of minutes...

if you are not getting any error messages then it could be the service thats the problem...

I'm trying to login to AOL, Yahoo, and MSN at the same time.. I've tried connecting individually and waiting up to ten minutes and no luck. I'll try it again and just wait indefinitely and see what happens.. I haven't waited long enough to receive an error message... maybe it doesn't timeout trying to connect.

On another note... does Agile run in the background and notify if a message comes in? Verichat will run in the background and keep you online but it won't notify of a message unless you turn on the SMS notification when you set it up.
    XV6600, EVDO

Administrator
    agile wil noitfy you when you have it running in the background. i use spb pocket plus and i can minimize the app and let it run in the background....

It does run in the background and a popup balloon will come up whenever you have new messages. You can also load Agile onto your Today screen so you can see how many users are online and messages waiting for you.

When I first set it up, I did have some problems with it... but after I get signed on the first time, seems to work afterwards. I know with MSN, you're login is actually login@hotmail.com... with AOL/Yahoo, it's just the username.

I take back what I said about Verichat being a good option without running in the background it is useless to me.

Now I really want to get Agile working since it has all the functionality I want.
    XV6600, EVDO

Administrator
    verichat will run in the background also.

Excuse my ignorance on this question... I'm new to pocket pc devices. Is running in the background via spb pocket plus different than:

I'm in the Agile Application and I click on the Start button and then today which brings me to the today screen. I still see Agile running under Memory > Running Programs List.

The reason I ask is because I seem to have gotten Agile connecting.. I unistalled, did a couple soft resets and then reinstalled... it seems to be connecting fine now and I'm getting the bubble alerts if I'm on the today screen when I use this method to "run it in the background". I'm basically wondering if there is an advantage to using sbs pocket plus to do this.

On another note: I used to see the Agile Messenger as a choice to add to my today page but I no longer see this option.. could all of the unistalling and reinstalling have messed this up. Any suggestions on how to get this option back? Hard reset and reinstall?

Thanks again for all the help
    XV6600, EVDO

Administrator
    well ever since i have been on PPC phones (2 years now) i have been using pocket plus. PP allows you to close a program all the way when you exit it or allow it to stay in the background. (it does other thigns of course)..

yes you are doing the same thing as what im doing in PP... so you are ok.

if you want to put agile back on the today screen, you need to cut and paste a link to your today age. i use PP so i can paste a shortcut to the PP tab and voila.

Downloading Agile Messenger

When I try to download Agile Messenger 3.0 for PPC 2003 its saying that it is not a valid pocket pc application but i know a lot of people say that they use it. What am I doing wrong? I have a Sprint PPC6600.

Help! I want to remove Agile!

I have had similar problems to those posted above. Now I just want to remove Agile using the "remove programs" feature, but since Agile is showing up on my start screen (It says "Agile Messenger stopped") it won't let me remove it. I get the message "uninstall unsuccessful. The program was not removed becasue these files arein use or are read-only" Beneath that it shows \windows\AMWatcher.dll -- this is the program that is in use.

I can't get rid of the watcher from my Start screen, and I can't stop it. I tried "Stop all" from the "running programs" (it's not listed as a running program in there but I tried it anyway) and that doesn't work. I've also soft-reset -- still no luck.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

I also deleted the Agile exe program using ActiveSync -- but the AM Watcher remains and I can't remove it becasue it is in use. Arghhhhhh

VeriChat 1.30b in background

VeriChat 1.30b is out, and it does let you stay connected in background. It also has the SMS capture stuff like their PalmOS builds have had all along. So even if your GPRS is disconnected or you exit from the app, you get the message via sms which is captured by VeriChat and it launches itself and shows the message as a IM (and hides the fact that it came via SMS).

Much much better than their earlier versions - very stable, and much better in UI.

Originally posted by msimpsonnj
    I also deleted the Agile exe program using ActiveSync -- but the AM Watcher remains and I can't remove it becasue it is in use. Arghhhhhh
    Try to soft reset the device, and then uninstall immediately after that.

I downloaded and installed Verichat a couple of days ago. It is performing perfectly, and I intend to purchase a license for my 6600 before the free trial ends.

If you haven't tried Verichat recently, I recommend it.
    AL in Jacksonville Beach, FL

Insane PDAer with a MOGUL!!!! centauress's Avatar
    I have Battery Pack Pro and Agile running on my 2032. That pairing works fine and I can close the program and restart just fine using MSN, Yahoo, AOL and ICQ, all at once!

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled both programs just fine. You'll have to deactivate Agile's 'Today' screen add on before you can remove it.
    Sprint customer since Mar 01, PPC user since Apr 04 and Technophile since birth!
    Oct 06: Now completely convereged, connected and livin' large! Tablet PC+PPC = Ultimate Happiness!!! Woo-Hoo!