+ Reply to Thread

NEW PPC-6600 and HP BT stereo headset Question

I just got the new Sprint PPC-6000 and trying to load up the new Hp bluetooth stereo headset, but when I load up the HP software i get the message that "this verison of WIDCOMM BT=-PPC is intended for HP IPAQs only!"

I have checked and the bluetooth stack on this is the 3500

What? When did you get it? 6600? My G's on its last leg...where did you get it?

Yeah, damn HTC, lazy bastards.

So much for thoroughly screened and tested code.

-BD

My Bluetooth is built in!
    Originally posted by CaptainLecture
    What? When did you get it? 6600? My G's on its last leg...where did you get it?
    Sprint PPC 6600 is out!

Can someone please upload the extended ROM from this phone, it's easy. This link explains how to make the Extended ROM folder visible (which is just a bit in the registry and if you have a registry editor it is a snap)

http://www.ppcw.net/mobile2003.php?itemid=1638

After that, browse to the "Mobile Device" on your PC with File Browser and Active Sync up, copy it up and zip it up.

Make sure your PC Browser is not hiding any file type or just drag the whole folder and zip the whole folder.

The Extended ROM usually has a sequence of patches in it.

You can try mailing it to mswlogo@hotmail.com or if you know some place you can upload it great.

Thanks

Originally posted by mswlogo
    Can someone please upload the extended ROM from this phone, it's easy. This link explains how to make the Extended ROM folder visible (which is just a bit in the registry and if you have a registry editor it is a snap)

http://www.ppcw.net/mobile2003.php?itemid=1638

After that, browse to the "Mobile Device" on your PC with File Browser and Active Sync up, copy it up and zip it up.

Make sure your PC Browser is not hiding any file type or just drag the whole folder and zip the whole folder.

The Extended ROM usually has a sequence of patches in it.

You can try mailing it to mswlogo@hotmail.com or if you know some place you can upload it great.

Thanks
    If no one does this by 8pm when I get home I will do it.

Jancelet, click HERE (thanks to Ehud for hosting) and download the "Broadcom Patch to support additional audio profiles" patch to enable the high quality stereo audio profile that works with the HP Bluetooth phones.

thanks that worked, although those headsets dont sound great, i mean they are okay but my cheap sony ones i use when jogging sound louder and better

Originally posted by mswlogo
    Can someone please upload the extended ROM from this phone,

Thanks
    Emailed, hope it helps. Its a 5mb .rar file, I dont know if your hotmail account can recieve 5mb attatchments. Let me know if it doesnt come through and we will find somewhere to upload it.
    Last edited by BryanHarig; 02-18-2005 at 09:17 PM.

keep up the good work. maybe we'll earn our own harrier section on xda-developers.

Thanks I got both XV6600 and PPC6600 Extended Roms and unlike the PDA2K ROMs there is no BlueTooth Stacks in the patches. It's mostly vender customizations. I was kind of surprised that PDA2K put patches in the Extened ROM when they released a "new" ROM.