+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth and internet

I'm a newby when it comes to this stuff, but is there anyway to access your internet(on the computer) with your phone using bluetooth????

Geek
    Yes. You can use your XV6600 as a BT modem. There is a post on this as well as on using the XV6600 as a USB modem.
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

ok.... i'm an idiot.... I kind of said that backwards... I have highspeed internet at home and was wondering if I could get highspeed on my phone using my home (cable) connection...

You can; you have to setup the correct Bluetooth profiles on your computer to do so. Never done it, so that's as far as I can help you. I'm sure a few google searches will find a howto or three (-:

Originally posted by bearwkey
    ok.... i'm an idiot.... I kind of said that backwards... I have highspeed internet at home and was wondering if I could get highspeed on my phone using my home (cable) connection...
    Your home network shoud be a wireless network. I use Belkin 54G router and PC cards. You need an SD WiFi card to get your PPC6600/6601 or XV6600 to pickup your home internet conection. I'm averaging 1.4MBPS on WiFi.

A straight connection to 1XRTT will only give you 105~140kbps, and on EVDO I understand you can get 200~400kbps

WIFI I understand I was just wondering if there was a way to use the bluetooth to connect through my laptop and access and the internet on the PDA

I think what bearwkey is talking about (and I would like to do the sam) is this. I have a cable modem for my ISP service on my computer. I also have a BT dongle attached to the USB port.

How can I configure the PC and PPC so I can surf the internet on my PPC utilizing the BT connection to the PC and out thru my cable modem?

Originally posted by adevan
    I think what bearwkey is talking about (and I would like to do the sam) is this. I have a cable modem for my ISP service on my computer. I also have a BT dongle attached to the USB port.

How can I configure the PC and PPC so I can surf the internet on my PPC utilizing the BT connection to the PC and out thru my cable modem?
    Wouldn't you have to setup Internet Connection Sharing on your PC connected to the cable service, and then configure a BT network connection on the PPC? I've never done this and am not sure if it requires a separate BT access point.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

I just tried it with bluetooth active sync. So once you initiate a connection to active sync over bluetooth you should be able to surf the net through your bluetooth active sync connection.

In active sync click on the options tool button. Select the rules tab and ensure that Pass Through is set to The Internet.

I turned on flight mode and turned only bluetooth on and it seemed to work for me.

I tried doing it with the network access profile but I couldn't really get it to work. The XV6600 saw the profile but never connected. If you want to give the network access profile a whack I found these instructions

http://www.pc-counselor.com/How_to/b...th_network.htm

Newer thread where I updated some info on bluetooth networking.
    http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...498#post310498
    Last edited by IvanLasston; 03-06-2005 at 12:02 PM.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2