+ Reply to Thread

Sprite Premium - Self Extracting Execut

Sorry if this is a re-post - (did search did not see...)

But I recall reading that with premium ed you can create a self extracting file on your SD card - so if you hard-reset in the field you can simply click the fils on your SD and perform the restore.

Can someone tell me how to do this.

Thx.

Re: Sprite Premium - Self Extracting Execut

Originally posted by bobjamision
    Sorry if this is a re-post - (did search did not see...)

But I recall reading that with premium ed you can create a self extracting file on your SD card - so if you hard-reset in the field you can simply click the fils on your SD and perform the restore.

Can someone tell me how to do this.

Thx.
    You have to go into options and there will be a box to select if you want the self executing backup. Once you put the check mark in the box all your backups will be self executing and they work great!

R

Race - Thanks for the Info - Thought it could help others as well so I am posting it!!
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bobjamision wrote on 02-18-2005 09:12 PM:
    Can you tell me which menu item you are clicking?

I'm running 3.0 - and it appears to be premium - since I have network backup etc...

Thx.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I was confused by this too. Bring up Sprint Backup, click on "Option", then select "Switch to Advanced mode", click on "Options" (again) then select "Backup Options" and you find it in there as the last option, just check mark it and it will stay that way.

Weird way to find it but its there.

R