+ Reply to Thread

How can I run programs from my SD Card

I know this has probably been covered, but I ran a search and didn't find anything.

Is it possible to run programs like Voice command, i.guidance, ect.?

My PPC is starting to run a little slow and it says I have have a very little amount of space left. Let me know if anyone has any good ideas for freeing memory.

Thanks

Administrator
    you want to make sure you have plenty of program space on you memory slider. the phone dynamically allocates memory based on certain criteria, but you can go in there and manually move the slider to give you more program memory.

you can also move programs to the card, but you cant move anything thats ROM based (wel you can do some such as avantgo but they need some registry edits). pretty much whatever you installed yourself can be ran from the card.

When you install via active sync, you have the option to accept the defualt install directory and change it. You can tell it install in the standard directory, the storage area or the storage card.

As a rule, I install my games on the card. Any system utilities like SKTools, I install in the default directory.

Administrator
    sometimes its good to use the program "cabinstl". it will install a program (.cab file) anywhere you want it. sometimes using AS will still install some things to main memory that would otherwise be stored on the card.

also when you install things like resco pictures or other programs, they will install the help files and such to the \windows directory. its no ned for it to be there so you can go, cut them and then paste them to a folder on your card or delete them if you dont want to keep them around.. some of them are memory hogs..

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    you want to make sure you have plenty of program space on you memory slider. the phone dynamically allocates memory based on certain criteria, but you can go in there and manually move the slider to give you more program memory.
    Marctronixx,
    I know everyone's need differ but I'm just curious. How much RAM do you allocate for programs?
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Administrator
    welp i dont have my 00 yet.. its still in transit... but on my G i move the slider all the way over as far as i can without it moving the slider back. the more the better . i have 32 mb on the G and i only keep a little over 3MB for stirage (i have vuirtually everything on the card).