+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 6600 Camera

6600 Camera

Does anybody know how to stop the camera from stoping while taking video. I should be able to take nonestop video with this thing should I not?

Administrator
    have you read the manual? we are early adopters here so most of us have not had time to dig in yet...

You'll run out of memory in no time if you do continous video shooting. I know my last PDA phone that shall remain Treo 650 nameless, had a max of 15 minutes, if I recall.

Yea i have glaced the manual and saw nothing in it regarding recording times. I know what you mean Tony, but I would much rather have the ability to cut the recording at any time of my chosing much like the Treo gave me.

Yeah I just got the 6600 and I got the same problem. I have a 1GB chip and I changed the settings in the camera software so that it stores the video on the 1GB card. In 320x200 mode, it records for only 8 seconds before it craps out. In 176xWhatever, it records for about 30 secs. If this is the best it can do it's really disappointing. I was expecting to be able to record videos until space runs out. It seems like it's recording to a really small buffer and when it gets full, it writes to the card. Does anyone out there have a solution for this yet?

I hope so.....

Time to start digging in the registry....
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Administrator
    yo pda,

how long can you record video before it stops? i have not loaded anything on my phone yet so everything is still factory and il see if i get the same results as you...

Can anyone else with a 6600 post their results with video recording? I'm trying to see if this is an isolated problem or if I have a defective unit. Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    yo pda,

how long can you record video before it stops? i have not loaded anything on my phone yet so everything is still factory and il see if i get the same results as you...
    It feels random on 320x240. Maybe somewhere between 8-10sec.

I don't know if the cameras or software are the same, but on the GSM version of this phone (PDA2K), the camera video piece has two modes - one is MMS mode, which is H.263 mode and is limited to 10 seconds or something similar. The other mode is standard camcorder mode, which is MPEG4 and can be set to unlimited recording length. The default may not be unlimited though, I don't remember. But it is set in the options menu.

Administrator
    yeah i have 12 minutes on the main memory to record video and it let me go past 1 minute. i just stopped then sinxce you said you were not getting even 30 seconds consectutive.

you have to go into tool and set the adjustments as noted above. also, you can even use the flash as a "camera light" when recording video! this phone is awesome!!!

yea the light is pretty sweet.......let me look into the tools thing

Question

Dale sorry but im a big time newbie. Tell me what todo in english please lol

Hmmmm I have MPEG4 on but it still manages to cut me. What is that reset timer stuff by the way?

Administrator
    u mean reset counter?

i think thats for the picture logging...

I figured how the 6600 judges when to stop the video.....you are allowed only 250 kb per video. So if you use low res you will get around 25-30 sec, if you use med you will get around 15-18 secs, and if you use high res expect around 8-10 seconds. There has to be hack to bypass this limitation...in the registry or some hack of the dll file....

I have posted several examples of videos I took comparing each resolution and while at the Zoo today over on another thread here:

Post your experiences/reviews here on the 660x...
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

get to hackin my friend and stop takin videos

I have been digging through the registry with no luck so far.....and I don't have a clue how to hack a dll file. Any takers on this end?
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

Hobbes the Hi-Res car ride looks awsome. I'm guess that was the only Hi-Res vid you took for that was the best looking one. Pretty BS how its so short though. Oh well you cant control it, atleast not yet.