+ Reply to Thread

Question High Current Hot Battery

Anyone else see this with their Verizon XV6600? Every now and then my phone wont turn on without a soft reset. One time I found that the battery was hot and when I soft reset I had lost significant battery life. Another of my users reported this happening on his XV6600 as well.

Also I have already blown a charger and I believe it is because it was in this high current mode when I plugged it in. So from here on out I make sure the phone is on and responding when I plug it in.

I have about 6 weeks time with this device and haven't yet seen this problem. What software do you have installed?

I have had a couple of instances when the phone wouldn't end a call without a soft reset, but didn't notice any adverse impact on the battery.

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

Administrator
    these are first run units so there wil be some isues with some...

never heard of a high current mode on these units. you may have an elctrical issue, be it the charger or usb port..

I wasn't running much when I burned out my charger. I had just gotten the phone the day before.

I posted this just as a warning because I am now down one power charger. I also understand that these are first runs and there will be issues. I have installed the new ROM but its only been 2 days. I'll have to monitor if I get into that high power state now.

I have also had to soft reset the phone to hang up sometimes. There is another case independent of this high current problem where when I try to make a call. I get a - cannot complete call, check number message. The only way to call back out is to do a soft reset or toggle flight mode. Phone issues might need another thread.

Rapid current drain and heating in normal mode is an indication of a short circuit somewhere. It is definitley not normal to burn your charger. If the second charger burns then the short is inside the unit.

I would have the unit looked at and replaced as needed.

Do you also use a car charger? if so, does it heat up excessively?

Originally posted by IvanLasston
    I There is another case independent of this high current problem where when I try to make a call. I get a - cannot complete call, check number message. The only way to call back out is to do a soft reset or toggle flight mode. Phone issues might need another thread.
    I had this happen a couple of times as well. Not frequent enough to track down cause yet.

Bob Duckworth