+ Reply to Thread

Question Has anyone got the Media Player to play through Bluetooth headset?

Has anyone got the Media Player to play through Bluetooth headset on XV6600? I noticed that in "Bluetooth Hands-Free prefrences" under Phone\Tools\Hands-Free Preferences, there is another option for audio play (noticed this in HP IPAQ 6315). I don't see that option in XV6600 (only telephone calls option). Is there a way to add "Audio Play option" so I could play Media Player through Bluetooth headset?

This thread shows Bluetooth headphones, not headset...

Thanks for the link; however, this thread shows Bluetooth headphones, NOT Bluetooth hands-free headset. They are two different devices. You cannot configure Bluetooth headset to be Bluetooth headphones in "High Quality Audio Setup" in Bluetooth wizard.

I have the HP bluetooth headset working.

You have to install the Broadcomm patch in order to get the high quality audio profile.

LINK

Look in the first post for the Broadcomm patch.

Richard

How is it so far?

Sound quality, battery life, etc?

Specs?
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Audio quality is pretty good. No complaints so far.

I've tested my headset to a distance of about 25 feet. Up to the imaginary boundary, the audio quality is perfect. After that, the quality drops off at a very rapid pace. But, I figure 25 feet is pretty good for what it is.

I've used the headset to watch a movie, listen to mp3, and listen to internet streaming radio through media player. I haven't tried bluetooth with GSplayer yet but will try that hopefully tonight.

The good thing is with the Broadcomm patch (factory ROM update installed) all the buttons on the HP unit works. IE> volume up, volume down, next track, previous track, etc.

After you have paired the units, to connect: turn on the headset by holding the center button for 3 seconds, then tap the center button and it will connect automatically. If a call comes in, you will get a notification on screen and the headset will mute itself.

The only test I done regarding the battery life is to leave the media player with movie running while connected to the headset.
    The headset out lasted my XV6600 so I can't fully comment on battery life. I probably should have tested it with mp3s and screen off. I will do this for my next test.

I'll keep you posted regarding GS player streaming.

If you want me try any combinations or tests, let me know.

Sorry for the long and disconnected post. Richard

I have had the HP bluetooth headsets for a while now. I havent gotten 25 feet, but maybe that is my setup. Seems if you block the line of sight somehow you get crackling, but that was also a problem with some bluetooth headsets.

Otherwise if you have perfect line of sight, and from my experience no more than 10-15 feet, the sound is awesome.
    iPhone 3GS !!

Question Are you connecting to the Media Player through "High Quality Audio" profile?

Which HP Bluetooth headset? I already have "High Quality Audio" and "Keyboard\Mouse" profiles in my Bluetooth Profile. I have tried Moto H810, Jabra BT250, and Jabra BT800. Non of them will play Media Player through Bluetooth headset and XV6600. Are you connecting to the Media Player through "High Quality Audio" profile? Non of the Bluetooth headset (BT800, BT250, or H810) will pair through "High Quality Audio" profile. Only through "Hands-Free/Headset" profile.

Originally posted by rijc99
    I have the HP bluetooth headset working.

You have to install the Broadcomm patch in order to get the high quality audio profile.

LINK

Look in the first post for the Broadcomm patch.

Richard

Jungerishere, what we're talking about is a set of headphones that HP makes and is connected to the pocket pc via bluetooth. It is not intended for hands-free telephone use.

Edit: Oops, picture didn't work.

Try this Picture of HP stereo headset

i think you need a headset that supports the audio profile. the headset you mention only support being used for hands free. they are not made to do anything else. i'm still kind of new to this stuff but i believe that's how it works. i know that's how the bt250 is because i played with the settings trying to get it to work. if you scan the devices services it only shows hands free.

Half way there to get Media Player to play through Bluetooth headset...

I am half way there to get the Media Player to play through Bluetooth headset. First, you need to access the audio gateway that will allow standard audio to play other than phone call to transmit through Bluetooth. On Audiovox XV6600, there is no option in "Hands-free preference" to activate standard audio through Bluetooth. By changing these setting in the registry, you will have the option to allow standard audio to play through Bluetooth. Try this... In registry, \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\Plugin\Handsfree, change the "AudioHandling" to value 19 (Default is 2) and "AudioPreferences" to value 3 (Default is 2). Make sure "SupportedFeatures" is 55. This should add an option in "Hands-free preference" under PHONE to allow standard audio. Now, I just need to map it to Media Player. Anyone who knows more about registry hacking to allow Media Player to map to HFPUI would be very helpful... Any advice... Let me know... I won't quit until I get audio playback on my Bluetooth headset!

I have the HP headsets, it is already loaded and i have used them before but i forgot how to get them to connect easily, everytime i have to go back to bluetooth manager and then hit connect, but i remember there being an easier way

You are more like 1/20th of the way. They seemedto have shut that off because for some reason they can't support it. It works on H6315. Maybe one day I'll borrow my friends H6315 after he gets the ROM update and see if it's possible to steal something. It might be a hardware issue.

99% sure it is in the registry...

I know it cannot be the hardware issue and almost certain that it is all in the registry. Right now, when I play Media Player or Voice Command, I could see the Bluetooth headset icon and my Jabra BT800 headset turn on and trying to send audio through my Bluetooth headset but no audio. I just need to find and map the audio gateway when Bluetooth headset is present. I believe Audiovox didn't include this feature because sound quality through Bluetooth hands-free headset isn't great but it is better than nothing... I'm trying to unlock the hidden feature that is already in the XV6600...

You might look over on www.xda-developers.com they have been trying for a while.

Arrow Question about Bluetooth

I'm about to get a bluetooth headset but I wanna know if you can listen to music through this headset.....If I got MP3 files on my SD memory card/PPC-6600 am I able to listen this audio files with the bluetooth headset??????????

Do a search on this forum and the answer shall be yours!

It has been asked many times before and especially recently. Try the stickys if you must.

Rich

Jabra BT800

I'm planning to get the Jabra BT800 with the caller id...any suggestions??????

Re: Jabra BT800

Originally posted by chico01
    I'm planning to get the Jabra BT800 with the caller id...any suggestions??????

I have an XV6600 with the Rom/Bluetooth upgrade. I also have both the Jabra BT800 and Sony HBH660. Here are my observations.

Connectivity - 800 takes longer to connect and answer incoming calls when phone coming out of a sleep. I sometimes miss the call because of the lag time - very anoying. Not a problem with the 660. Even when the phone is not sleeping sometimes it is difficult to answer with the 800. It is like the phone is not getting the signal from the headset to answer. Jabra tech support says they are coming up with a ROM upgrade which will be downloadable through the USB connectivity cable supplied with the unit to fix the connectivity issues. No time frame as of yet.

Volume/Sound - 800 is louder and the sound is clearer/better. I believe the clearer sound is due to the noise cancelling/processing. I have difficulty hearing on the 660 in noisy environments.

Caller ID - the whole phone number does not fit in the display of the 660. It scrolls across the tiny screen. To difficult to read and be useful. The 800 is clearly superior in the caller ID dept.

Fit - the 660 has a firmer better fit in the ear. I am usually fidgeting with the 800 fit to get it right.

Features - The 800 has more features - Vibrate, Ring tone selection, upgradable ROM, to name a few

Conclusion - I am keeping both. If the Jabra did not have the connectivity issues it would be the clear winner in my book.

Hope this helps.

Atsitalian
    AT&T Tilt, Jawbone & Jabra BT8010 Headsets, tomtom Navigator 6, MS Voice Command 1.6, Sbp Pocket Plus, Resco Explorer, Quickverse 2007, 1-Calc