+ Reply to Thread

Just bought the beast.

I just ordered the 6600 from SprintPCS telesales. Overnight delivery. I should have it in my hands tomorrow. I am migrating from my trusty Hitachi G1000, which luckily has NEVER given me a problem.

Is there a list of "must haves" for this phone that I should do as soon as I get it?

I figure I will install the Audiovox patch out of the box (before or after provisioning) if the phone doesn't ship with it. I also want that today screen app that people are raving about (the one with the pop up notes). I will also do the camera image recording hacks that were discussed in another thread. I'd love to see some sort of 'sticky' thread for a suggested collection of must haves/must dos for this phone.

Must Have's

First of all, from what I understand, unless a new one has been issued, the Audiovox patch is for the XV versions, not the Sprint PPC's.

There is a couple of stickies with some good info...otherwise, do a search for applications on this forum, they are discussed ad naseum throughou the postings. If you have a specific question, feel free to post.
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

Re: Must Have's

Originally posted by Staceman
    First of all, from what I understand, unless a new one has been issued, the Audiovox patch is for the XV versions, not the Sprint PPC's.

There is a couple of stickies with some good info...otherwise, do a search for applications on this forum, they are discussed ad naseum throughou the postings. If you have a specific question, feel free to post.
    Okay.. I must have misunderstood. I certainly dont want to patch a Sprint phone with Verizon (or other cariier) rom updates!! I have already read the FAQ sticky, and I'll be picking up a few things from there (case, etc)

I was just asking if there was any phone specific hacks and stuff that you guys consider essential I'll do my best to contribute what info and knowledge that I can!

Administrator
    dont install any patches. just use the phone normally. if you experience any issues then search to see if that topic has been discussed and seek help.

best thing to do is calm down and enjoy the phone.