+ Reply to Thread

"Dialing..." forever?

Ok, since the XV patch I've been bumping into this issue. Its really starting to drive me crazy...

Type in or SpeedDial a number.
    Dialing... will show.... and never go away.
    End the call
    Try dialing again
    Right away a bubble message button pops up saying "Unable to complete this call as dialed..."
    Dial once again, or a hundred times... you'll never make a call again until you turn on and off flight mode.
    Interesting note: when the phone is going into flight mode, the first dialed number (the one that gave you the Dialing... forever) will actually starting dialing and connect just before flight mode turns on.

This is really annoying. It seems to happen at the worst times. Is something wrong with my phone, or is this a known issue?

This feels a little like the Sprint Beep Of Death. After a Beep Of Death you cannot call out until you soft reset or toggle flight mode. And you will get similar messages. But who knows this may be a "catch all" scenerio of any radio problem.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I've seen this happen.

The data connection is holding up the phone.

Hold down the End key until the data connection dies... and you'll find it immediately dialing that number and getting through (even after you've already hit end...)

E

Thanks Ehud, I'll give that a try as well. I'm tired of toggling flight mode.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Geezus thanks E. I was afriad we had a DoD... Dialing of Death...

Same problem here too, posted it under a different heading yesterday. At least the incoming calls don't seem to be affected.

-Mike

Happened to me, but I haven't seen it since I upgraded. I suspected it had to do w/ moving from cell tower to cell tower, since it never seemed to occur if I wasn't moving, or hadn't traveled recently.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    It's happened to me more than twice before the upgrade and more than twice after.

I live in Tucson, AZ, which is a great place, except for its low density housing, which means spares cell coverage.

I regularly suffer from Chip Delay (cellphone speak for high latency) around where I live.

The symptoms are voicemail notification without a missed call.. as well as inability to answer calls... as well as delays in SMS going out....

Anyway I've seen this happen enough times and be solved by holding down the end button [to stop the data link] that I've seen it work.

Ehud

just an fyi. i've seen that happen before the upgrade. glad to know a better way to bring it back. i loaded a soft reset app for it.