+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar

What's a good price for the XV6600 (NOT the XV6600WOC)

I found some guy on ebay selling the XV6600 for a ridiculous price, but he now says that it's high because he's really selling the one with the camera. He sent me the attached pic, which looks legit (of course I wouldn't buy anything without first seeing it in person or having some sort of buyer protection). What would be a good price for the phone, do you think? He's looking for $750, but I think that's ridiculous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's a good price for the XV6600 (NOT the XV6600WOC)-xv6600.jpg  
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    So how's your sale going?

Personally I'll wait till I *know for a fact* that Verizon will activate my phone.

Ehud

My sale's not going anywhere...I was hesitant about paying $600 for the WOC, and a crappy (from what I've heard) camera does not make it worth another $150! I was just curious if I was being unreasonable when saying that $750 was ridiculous. My bargaining instincts are in a deadly battle with my "I want it now" nature.

Sucks, too, because I thought I was going to get my hands on the WOC model for $450 brand-new, but of course the new-to-ebay seller had a problem getting it, as they were "back watered" from the factory. Yes, I know it should be "back ordered", but that's what my refund email stated.

I've bought phones from outside of Verizon (the most recent, admittedly, was the v60 way back before it made its way to Verizon's sales channels), and I've never had a problem activating them. You can actually activate a phone via the VZW website, without ever talking to tech support (I found this out recently because my gf had to activate her insurance-replaced phone, but doesn't have a landline to call from).
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Uh. Yeah. *cough* Sure thing, spu vertical-bar nik.

Ehud

Oh c'mon...I practically INVENTED the awesome T that's in my signature. You're just jealous.
    Originally posted by Ehud
    Uh. Yeah. *cough* Sure thing, spu vertical-bar nik.

Ehud
    _______

Administrator
    how do you know thats not the back of the sprint version?

OTOH, he could be legit and could have been a beta tester and is now selling it... in any case i would not purchase it.

verizon should not have any problem activating it since this phone is just like the camera-less one..

It's not a technical problem, it's their policy. With some phones VZW won't activate it unless the ESN comes out of a pool that they were provided by the manufacturer... and that they sold to you.

That's why you can't activate a Sprint i700 on VZW.

I don't know if that would apply here. I just brought it up as something to potentially be aware of.

E

That was one of the main things that bothered me, although if you zoom in enough it kinda looks like it says XV6600, but it could probably just as easily be PPwhatever. He says he no longer has the WOC, he just has some of these now. I did some snooping around (just WHOIS stuff, mainly), and he either works for a major cell phone importer, or at least has ties with one. So, he could be legit...but that brings us back to my original question: if it is legit, is it worth $750?

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    _______

Administrator
    its worth it if:

1. you cant wait on verizon to deliver the camera version

2. you trust him.

3. you have the cash to blow

otherwise i would wait for verizon. this phone could have old firmware and early bugs in it and you may end up getting a bad prototype.

had to play devils advocate but you have to address these possibilities...

in contrast, i waited months for the camera version to show up on sprint while the others were having fun with the camera-less version.. patience is key here...

I think I was looking for someone to tell me that I would be stupid to go for it. Thanks
    its worth it if:

<snip>
    had to play devils advocate but you have to address these possibilities...
    </snip>
    _______

I thought the i700 used a different band of CDMA, and that's why you can't use it on Verizon. Then again, I didn't really look into the i700 at all, and was just planning on waiting for the i730 (until I used my friend's 6600, and decided that I couldn't wait). I hate waiting!!

Originally posted by Ehud
    It's not a technical problem, it's their policy. With some phones VZW won't activate it unless the ESN comes out of a pool that they were provided by the manufacturer... and that they sold to you.

That's why you can't activate a Sprint i700 on VZW.

I don't know if that would apply here. I just brought it up as something to potentially be aware of.

E
    _______

Originally posted by sputnik
    I think I was looking for someone to tell me that I would be stupid to go for it. Thanks
    You'd be stupid going to eBay and paying $750 for a device we know still does not exist. How's that?

Slightly too much qualification, actually. The guy's "office", or whatever, is in Long Island City, which is just a hop, skip & subway ride from where I work in Manhattan. If I were to purchase it, I would definitely want to hold it in my hands first, just to eliminate the chance that I'd be sent an XV6600WOC or *gasp*, a Sprint model.

I want to believe that it exists, and I'm still oh-so-tempted. I just called my buddy at Verizon corporate, and they're selling the WOC for $669.99 without any contract or upgrade (I'm not due for my NE2 until October). From there, it's only another $80 to get the camera...almost seems worth it.

Originally posted by TonyH
    You'd be stupid going to eBay and paying $750 for a device we know still does not exist. How's that?
    _______

Administrator
    again, i would not get it simply because its a really early prod unit... you are only gaining a camera and to me thats does not justify 80 more bux...

just hold out a while longer...

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar

I looked at it really closely... if you ask me... it looks like the back of the GSM unit sold by at&t/Cingular. It has a slot if you look closely at the lower right hand area for a SIM card.

Administrator
    sprint has a slot also...

Lightbulb

well, against my (and everyone else's) better judgement, i went to the warehouse, and traded some green pieces of paper for a brand-spankin' new XV6600, verizon branded and in a verizon retail box

this will be the last post from my trusty 7135
    _______

Let us know if it is a authentic xv6600 WITH camera.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

sprint has a slot also...
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I did not know the sprint version had the SIM slot.

How about a review of the pics?
    Jeremiah 29:11