+ Reply to Thread
    S and K

How does the 14 day return work

Guys,

I ordered my phone on 2/15, recieved it on 2/17 (contract date according to Sprint is the 15th)

Im having so many issues that may be "this phone" related , but Im not sure if its all 6600's or just this one.

My questions are is the 14 day from the 15th or the 17th?

If I request a replacement, do I get a fresh 14 days. I doubt at this point I would even recieve the phone before 14 days are up.
    And then I think I read somewhere that if you do get a replacement phone, your stuck. Its yours no more returning it.

I like the phone but hate the problems, the biggest one being the ECHO and the fax like tone and the caller gone. Sprint says that only happens in 1% of phones, by reading this board, Im doubtful of that. And the 3rd less agrrevating issue is the constant need to to soft rest the phone. At least twice daily.

So will a new phone fix my issues and what are my rights under the 14 days, if it doesnt

Staci

I do not believe a new phone will fix your issues, they are all issues that many of us have. I'm on my 2nd phone and it has the same problems as the first. You can eliminate the beeping if you disconnect the data connection after using it. Mine echoes every now and then but doesn't do it all the time. I'm not sure what you are doing to need to soft reset it so often but it's probably software you loaded I'm guessing, and you would have to do that with any pocketPC device if that's the case. I don't have to soft reset mine nearly that much unless I'm goofing around with software that makes it crashy. If you get a replacement, you own it, no more 14 days, even if you got a replacement after 3 days (which is BS in my opinion but I went through it with my wife's i600 which was junk out of the box). I'm not sure what device you are coming from but most of the bugs you have mentioned aren't that big of a deal, the biggest is the beep of death but again killing your data connection will prevent that from happening, I modded the registry to make the end call button end the data connection to simply it...
    Tom

You can argue that the contract really begins on the 17th. That worked for me. As for the replacement 14 days, I'm not sure if it's a case by case depending on whether they allow it because you were having problems with the first unit. My PPC6601 was picked up yesterday, but it was shipped to me on 1/24. I'm still getting a full refund. Wel, I'd better....

S and K
    Tony,

You shouldnt have any issue as Calif has a 30 day return policy.

My most annoying problems in order are the ECHO and then the BODeath.

If I could get rid of the ECHO, I would keep it hands down.

So is everyone having the echo?

Staci

Originally posted by TonyH
    You can argue that the contract really begins on the 17th. That worked for me. As for the replacement 14 days, I'm not sure if it's a case by case depending on whether they allow it because you were having problems with the first unit. My PPC6601 was picked up yesterday, but it was shipped to me on 1/24. I'm still getting a full refund. Wel, I'd better....
    In my experience, it is NOT case by case. I got my wife an i600 a few months ago but she wanted to check it out first before keeping it, they gave me the whole 14 day schpeel, but after only 3 days with the phone we found that it wouldn't charge correctly or sync reliably with activesync, something was wrong with the connector on the bottom of the phone. We took it back and they gave us a replacement but advised us that once we accepted the replacement the 14 day policy was no longer in effect. In other words, not only do you NOT get another 14 days with the new phone, by accepting a replacement we would NOT get to return it within the original 14 days. My wife likes the phone once we got one that worked, so all is well, but that was my experience with the Sprint store locally and I must say it left a bad taste in my mouth. Ymmv however so who knows...

I don't have the echo all the time, just every now and then. I NEVER get the Beep of Death unless I keep my data connection up.
    Tom

I agree chances are a new phone will not fix your problem.

Not sure about the echo though. I'd try a hard reset and make sure your PRL version is up to date.

Also is the echo on the phone or headset? If it's on headset then it's a software issue.

Beep of death is in all PPC-6601's.

Jury is still out on PPC-6600.

So for beep of death, I would call them up and say you want to try a PPC-6601 and get another 14 days to evaluate or you walk.

You can always try again in a month or so have things may be better understood.