+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any one having Problems w/using camera

Any of you having problems with the camera on the 6600. If I soft reset I'm able to send the pictures I take to another Sprint phone, but if I view the pictures in the Pictures program and try to send it from there it locks program up. Also if I go back to the camera and take another picture it will not send it, if I click to to send it to another Sprint it never goes there to add the phone number it just goes away and goes back to the camera to take another picture. Also some times it locks up the camera part and have to reset. Any one having these problems or is it me that way I can call to have my phone exchange maybe the camera part of the phone is bad.

Just did a hard reset and seems to be working now, but I'm installing the programs one by one to see if it is something I installed hopefully not.

I found out what is causing the trouble, you cant have Voice Command with the 6600 because if you do then it locks up the camera program along with the picture program. It only works as long as you dont open the picture program to view the pictures you have because if you do then it locks up the sending part and have to soft reset. Hopefully Microsoft will fix this bug because I use the Voice Command very useful.

My Bluetooth is built in!
    I do not have voice command installed on my ppc-6600 and I have noticed that its picture mail functions are very unreliable. The picture mail application will lock up or just disapear roughly 50% of the times I use it. About half of the time this will require a soft reset to continue using the ppc-6600.

My picturemail also hangs my 6600 100% of the time.

I have not changed any settings in the picturemail mail. Do I need to change anything? It has some strange mail settings like Alias for the userid, etc.

I have not been able to send any picturemails.

If this does not work, how do I sent pictures to other sprint phones?

Thanks.

Wolf_Racer do you have Voice Command, because I know that's what is causing the lock up on mine. What I did for now is disabled the Voice Command and when I really need it renable it big hasle. Also you should be able to take a picture and then a box will appear to choose to send to Picture mail or email the picture. Also if its the first time you use it you must create a user name and password and then it will let you send pictures. Let me know if you have Voice Command because this seems to be the program to lock up the picture program in the 6600.

Although my problem is unrelated to Voice Command, I think people should be aware of this problem with the Camera App.

The Camera App uses Video Accelleration in the ATI Imageon display controller.

BetaPlayer ALSO uses Video Accelleration. The two programs will conflict with each other. If you run the Camera App, BetaPlayer will fail. If you run BetaPlayer, the Camera app will fail.

To run each, the other app must be completely CLOSED. Use SBP Pocket Plus to make sure the app is closed before switching.

I tried to use Picture Mail for the first time tonight and had it lock up as well. So...if when you remove VC, you can then use it:

A) all the time?
    B) Most of the Time?
    C) Sometimes?
    D) Still none of time?

EDIT: Follow up question...are you uninstalling VC or just disabling it from settings?

And what version of VC are you using?

The reason I am asking all this is that I have disabled VC and I still can't use Picture Mail.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 02-23-2005 at 03:12 AM.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

I havent tried picture mail, but the camera browser will lock up my phone after approximately 10-15 picture views. I have to soft reset in order to continue to use my phone.

Definately VC

when VC is enabled. Picture mail locks up for me too but when I disable VC, it works flawlessly. So there really is only one solution:
    Disable VC when you want to use picture mail.

I rarely use picture mail, so this solution works fine for me.

I'm also having problems with Picture Mail.

If I try to "Send" from the Album program, the system locks up and requires a soft reset.

However, I can send directly from the Camera App so long as the Album is not used. That is, after taking a picture you push the mail button icon on the review screen.

If I use the Picture Mail bar from the Today screen and select "New Picture Mail" then the sending of photos and videos will work. Online Album will work from the today screen as well.

I think the Album application and the CallerID progrms both have some serious QC issues.

I agree....So far everything seems great with the 6600...all major bugs addressed rather nicely.....except for the Camera related apps. I have the same issues with Camera, Picture Mail, and Album.

I guess all things considered it is not as serious as the BoD, but still needs to addressed and fixed.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Yes this needs to be fixed since VC is very handy and I use quite a bit. For now I just disable the VC in the Settings and clicking on VC and uncheck the Enabled box. I also emailed Microsoft and they said,

"Thank you for contacting Microsoft.com Customer Support.

I understand that you would like to know if there is an update that will let you use the Voice Command on your phone.

Currently, I am working with the appropriate Microsoft group in order to consult your concern. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    "

My Bluetooth is built in!
    the entire picturemail application has a slapdash, thrown together at the last minute feel. Hopefully Sprint will release an update to address its horrible stability issues.

other annoyences:

- when I select 'view' from the picturemail notification and view the picture mail. The '1 unchecked picture mail' message in the messaging field of the today screen will not disapear until I got into the messaging app and check the picturemail.

- albums (multiple pictures in one picmail message) arrive as seperate picturemail messages instead of one message with the ability to view the pictures in a slide show.

- I havnt discovered how to attatch multiple pictures to one picture mail, if it is possible it is certinly much more difficult than any other picturemail phone I have used.

-

You are very right

This problem was driving me nutz . . . thanks to the magic of DISABLE on VC, I was finally able to get my phone to act right. It seems that even sprint is not aware of this issue . . . go figure.

Boy, I'm glad I ran into this thread. I thought I was the only one with these issues with picture mail and the camera app. in general. It was driving me crazy! For the record, I do not have voice command installed, but I do have Beta Player installed. I make sure it is closed, but there is no difference. Hopefully a fix will be in the works sooner than later.
    Phone, Radio, and Fiber Geek

Try closing the Beta Player App and then do soft reset that should work. I have to disable VC and then do a soft reset, I know some here said all they do is disable VC and it works for them but not on mine.

Administrator
    just so im clear with the majority...

are you having issues browsing pics on the phone or uploading them to the sprint server?
    OR are you having issues with sending pics to other people?

I am having problems browsing pics, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with Voice Commander. In fact VC is not even loaded.

My device locks up after I browse 20 or so pictures.

My issue is with browsing (assuming I get to it from the Today Screen), and with trying to "Send" from th Album app.

It locks up so I have to push the reset or take off the battery.