+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy MobileCityOnline

We just had a run in with their support stuff today. I had purchased a few headsets from them to test with our devices. Once we find one that works we plan to order about a hundred of the model we are happy with over the next year. My order went smoothly and they have great assortment of BT headsets which was why I went with them. I even had a sales rep call me up warning me of problems with one of the headsets I ordered and that I should consider not buying it or going with something else.

I thought WOW, what great support for an online store. Little things like that gain your trust and help solidify strong business relationships.

Well... one of their support stuff members messed that up. My Plantronics M2500 headset speaker didn't work when I got around to testing that one. So I asked our IT Secretary to call it in for me and get a replacement.

She left a message and a few hours later someone called back. As she tried explaining the issue the man began getting hostile with her. Wondering why I wasn't calling in the problem. She explained and the man increasingly got hostile with her as she tried to explain what the problem was. He was cutting her off and being very rude. I heard this going on so I came over to see what was up and tried to explain with the man that this isn't the way you do tech support and that I run the support department for my company and his attitude would not fly. I tried to calm the man down but he tried getting hostile with me too. I immediately asked to talk to his manager.

I was shocked, I have been dealing with many small and large companies over the years and have had some small problems but this was by far the worse! I received his supervisor’s voicemail and left a message. Hopefully things will be worked out tomorrow. Unfortunately I didn’t get the support persons name but they seem to be a small company and shouldn’t be hard for them to figure out who it was. I am very disappointed that it came this far. Especially after many of you have given glowing reviews of the company.
    Cingular 8525

UPDATE:

Victor, President of the company, called me and apologized for the incident. They recorded the conversation and said he only had to listen to a little bit of it. To compensate for the trouble he is also sending me a new Treo 650 case to test out along with replacement of the defective Plantrocics headset. He did a fantastic job handling the issue. I plan to do much of our companies business with them in the future.

Thank you Mobile City Online.
    www.mobilecityonline.com
    Cingular 8525

Glad to hear all's well that ends well. But I bet that guy's "end" got a little chewed!
    Jeremiah 29:11

How's the M2500 headset? I'm looking at either that or the Jabra.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Its nice but I would go with the HBH-660 or the HS850. I like the fit better with those and they give you the same battery life or more depending on witch model you go with.
    Cingular 8525