+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SPB Pocket Plus is this stable or not

Ok, I've been avoiding this software even though it looks cool because of the mixed opinions that it causes problems.

I try to run as few apps that hookin to the OS and run in the backgroud given some of the other issues.

I'm concerned about Battery and Blue tooth stability. And I'm constantly testing various flavors of bluetooth patches and don't want another variable.

The one app I install that hooks into the OS is causing Blue Tooth issues (VC 1.5) and burned me.

So is this thing stable 100% or not? It provides a lot of features, can I shut off the realtime features?

Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 02-22-2005 at 07:23 PM.

I have no troubles with it. But I don't use Bluetooth, yet.
    Jeremiah 29:11

I use SPB POcket Plus. I've used it with the 3500C patch and now with the Audiovox patch. The only issue I have with it is that you can't select Today backgrounds with the icon siwtcher. They select just fine from the built in Today switcher. What automatic update feature are you referring to? Like you I had loads of problems with VC 1.5. I've since removed it from my device and those problems have gone away. Some have reported better performance with VC 1.5 and the new Audiovox ROM upgrade.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I've used it for over a month with the today plugin disabled.

Works great.

E

Does disabling the today plugin also disable the battery meter.

Again, I've been a little gun shy, that I tried a battery meter when I first got the phone it was another popular tool. It cased more problems with draining the battery than it did monitoring it.

I know folks reported problems a while back and maybe most of those are avoided by not running the today screen.

Ok, I installed it. The close button feature alone is worth it.

So what are the problems with the Today Screen?

I shut off the today screen and battery meter off for now.

Originally posted by mswlogo
    Ok, I installed it. The close button feature alone is worth it.

So what are the problems with the Today Screen?

I shut off the today screen and battery meter off for now.
    I've been running that Pocket Plus for a while now (I previously had a G1000) and haven't had any problems with it.

I use the battery metter and the today screen plugin... Though I must confess that and phoneAlarm together sure do crowd up the display.

I really LOVE the "Up Arrow" button it adds to the file explorer! And I create short cuts to frequently used apps on the today screen... sounds nasty, but once you get used to having just a few links to things you use often is really nice.

Hope this helps,
    Eric
    Last edited by DV8ER; 02-22-2005 at 10:17 PM.
    Sprint PCS using: HTC Touch Pro.

I agree the close button is quite worth it. Don't forget if you are running verizon wireless sync to set wireless sync to only minimize otherwise you loose push.

Another thing that is quite worth it is the click and hold menu in the right corner. You can see what's running, close all inactive among other things. Plus if you go into setup you can add rotate screen left and right.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

It crashed my phone repeatedly and slowed it to a crawl. It was pretty bad. It won't be going on there again.

Pocket Plus was the first app I installed when I got the PPC-6601 in late December. I use the Today plug-in and the battery meter, and haven't had any problems with the app. I suggest the usual routine for any new app: back up, download the trial version, if it works and you like it, buy the registered version. If it doesn't work or you don't like it, restore from back up.
    Mick

Originally posted by IvanLasston
    I agree the close button is quite worth it. Don't forget if you are running verizon wireless sync to set wireless sync to only minimize otherwise you loose push.

Another thing that is quite worth it is the click and hold menu in the right corner. You can see what's running, close all inactive among other things. Plus if you go into setup you can add rotate screen left and right.
    Is there a smaller app that can do what you describe above? I found SPB PP to slow things to a crawl, and take up too much room. I have tried some apps to make the X button close apps, but they all gave me poor results...

Works nicely for me, no slowdown or anything. I only use the close button, the IE plugin (multiple windows), and my absolute favorite, the battery indicator which is all the way at the top, worth it just for this. I am also running 3500c and use bluetooth daily with my headset.
    iPhone 3GS !!

I upgraded to 2.5 and my phone kept locking up. I removed PC Plus and the phone hasn't locked up since. I've got the verizon version with the audiovox patch. I haven't taken the time to attempt to troubleshoot.

Magic Button does the same thing. Plus locked up my device and slowed it to a crawl. Magic does none of that and works fantastic.

Worked fine pre the patch - works fine post the patch. Plan to make part of our CDE and Roll it to our users.

Originally posted by bobjamision
    Worked fine pre the patch - works fine post the patch. Plan to make part of our CDE and Roll it to our users.
    I agree. No problems pre or post ROM update.

Bob Duckworth

No problems here at all with the Sprint 6600 and Pocket Plus!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Well I have managed to lock up my phone with it. SPrint PPC-6601. But that was consistent and I just know to not do that any more.

It does not matter if Today Screen is enabled or not. But at the Today Screen, click on Corner to Pop the DropDown for SPB. Now choose Options. Now Choose Feature Options Button. Your Hosed. There is no way to get out.

I currently have Battery and Today off and it seems stable. I'll try turning Meter on next.

Well I have managed to lock up my phone with it. SPrint PPC-6601. But that was consistent and I just know to not do that any more.

It does not matter if Today Screen is enabled or not. But at the Today Screen, click on Corner to Pop the DropDown for SPB. Now choose Options. Now Choose Feature Options Button. Your Hosed. There is no way to get out.

I can't duplicate this behavior on my 6600. The 'OK" button allows me to exit this screen.

I currently have Battery and Today off and it seems stable. I'll try turning Meter on next.
    Yup, I initially ran into that problem when I first put 2.5 on my device. I think I posted it in the SPB Weather thread. However, now it doesn't do it. Can't reproduce it. Don't know why--only change I think I made was removing PZP. Unless....when I HR and reinstalled programs, I installed a clean PPlus, instead of installing the new over the old one. But you would have installed a fresh new version.

Long answer to a short question...
    Jeremiah 29:11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast