+ Reply to Thread

Can you ActiveSync 2 PPC's on same PC?

I just got 2 new PPC-6600's, one for me and one for my wife. Can I ActiveSync both of these on the same computer and still keep them acting totally independant of each other?

Yes, each PPC will have its own device profile in ActiveSync on your PC. You can't have them connected at the same time though.

Bluetooth AS?

Could you set up your charging stands with only an AC connection (power only) and use bluetooth to sync both phones. My wife is wanting one now...
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

Yes, each device would have its own partnership.
    VX6600woc
    because camera phones r so 2004

PPC-6600 Bluetooth ActiveSync

So, I'm reading conflicting information on whether the bluetooth active sync works with the PPC-6600.

Can anyone confirm that ActiveSync over Bluetooth works?
    I have 2 PPC-6600's I want to be able to backup/transfer files from my PC via Bluetooth ActiveSynch, and need to make sure this will work before investing money into a USB Bluetooth adaptor.

Re: PPC-6600 Bluetooth ActiveSync

Originally posted by smithraybd33
    So, I'm reading conflicting information on whether the bluetooth active sync works with the PPC-6600.

Can anyone confirm that ActiveSync over Bluetooth works?
    I have 2 PPC-6600's I want to be able to backup/transfer files from my PC via Bluetooth ActiveSynch, and need to make sure this will work before investing money into a USB Bluetooth adaptor.
    Yes, it will work. Each device forms a unique partnership, like stated before. I have found this site and another site which have info on how to set up ActiveSync over bluetooth. Make sure you have the correct ports (COM 9 or lower) or you will not be able to get it to work. ActiveSync does flake out every now and then and ask about clearing the COM port if it isn't used. When that happens, you have to re-create the COM port.
    John

Well, I Active Synced my PPC to my Desktop and it worked fine, so then I put my wife's PPC into my cradle to active sync hers, and it recogized it was a new PPC and popped up a window for me to assign a name to it. I named it something different than mine and it proceeded to sync. During the syncing process, it asked if I wanted to combine or overwrite the files on her PPC. I selected combine and it merged everything I had in my profile into hers. There are 2 seperate Folders on my PC Desktop, one named what I called my phone during the initial activesync, and another what I called her phone profile during the activesync. So if they have 2 seperate folders on my PC, then why did ActiveSync combine my contacts/calendar etc. with her information?

How were you logged on?

Does your wife have a seperate account on the PC? If so when you added her PPC were you logged into you account or hers? Activestinck can only do on calendar. so if you are logged in on you account and synch, it will sync your Outlook, if you sync the wife's while logged in as you it will sync YOUR calendar. The easiest way to sync her calendar is to delete the partnership, log in on her account, establish a partnership, and it should sync her Outlook profile. Notice I said SHOULD

Hope this helps!

Tom
    To most people, the sky is the limit.
    To those who love flight, the sky is home

Ok, I will try that. I'm thinking I probably just made a mistake ordering that USB Bluetooth dongle.
    (I'll get the dongle next week and report how it goes.)
    I thought that both my wife's phone and my phone would Auto Active-Sync via the bluetooth signal,
    but it sounds like that wont be possible if the PC has to be logged into either my account or hers depending
    on which phone is sync'ing via bluetooth. (At least this is the way it sounds like it must be setup to work
    with the wired cradle)
    Is there anyone who actually has two PPC phones who ActiveSync via Bluetooth on the same PC and
    can keep their phones seperate without combining contacts/calendar info?

Is there anyone who actually has two PPC phones who ActiveSync via Bluetooth on the same PC and
    can keep their phones seperate without combining contacts/calendar info?