+ Reply to Thread
    Heaven Bound

Fix For Loud E-mail Notifications

Anyone else having a problem with e-mail notifications for xv6600. I can barely hear the Alarm1 notification which appears to be the loudest in the drop down box. I would love a hack to use downloaded ring tones as alerts for new e-mail. Also noticed my vibrate work every now and then for new e-mails. HELP!!!

Can't even hear my voicemail and missed call notifications. Trying Phonealarm out. So far so good. Search for the thread...

Sounds

Here is an app that does an impressive job at naggin you into noticing.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=16827

Regarding the sound issue check the thread for Loud Ringers there are a few out there.

Also make sure you have the PDA volume turned up high. That is the volume that controls the Alert Volume.
    VX6600, 1GB SD, PhoneAlarm, SuperAlert, Agenda Fusion, NutShell Case and ProClip Car Mount, Logitech Freedom BT Headset
    Don't STEAL, the IRS doesn't like competition!

Heaven Bound
    Hey earthdog, i installed the SuperAlert app as suggested. it worked good for everything except e-mail notifications. i uninstalled trial version. but now it is hidden in my program files and continues to give me an error that it cannot execute Supe Alert. cannot find the file to delete it. any suggestions?
    Thanks for Your Kind and Courteous Replies

Here is a post with loud ringtones/notifications.

Share LOUD Ring Tones here!

They have to be wav and they have to be in your windows directory to be used as notifications if you want to use the default notification program. (As far as I can tell)
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Heaven Bound
    Thanks for the reply IvanLasston, but it still will not work for me for e-mail notifications. Any more direction? My perfect world would be using one of the downloaded tones as an new e-mail notification.

I have modified a lot some ringtones and system sounds to be really loud. I also included links to the free software so you can do the same. Take a look over here:

Loud Ringtones!!!!!!
    ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=69737 )
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Heaven Bound
    Hobbes, I cannot thank you enough. Finally, my e-mail notifications are loud (Downloaded wav files). i am also using the other notifications for text, sms, etc. Thank You for looking out for the newbie. Thank you also for the other links, although it might take another all nighter. if you are still in the helping mood, i would like to figure hack registry to make number pad speak. the link was a little confusing as far as renaming the Sound DWORD data and where would i put the \windows\1.wav etc.
    i have already copied wav files to windows dir on ppc and i have a reg editor, but get a little confused on the instructions. thanks if you have the time for details.

For some reason when i move the WAVs to the WIN DIR they will show up in the drop down box but will not play. Do the WAVs need to be a certain size? What am i missing. I usually get them from the web somewhere and play fine with Music Match but when i send them to my device they quit working.
    Sprint PPC-6601

Heaven Bound
    I guess I spoke too soon. My wav files worked for my e-mail notification once or twice and now it just gives me the alarm1 notification when a new e-mail arrives. the weird thing is, the e-mail notification is set with a wav file that works when i test it in the notification settings. Any help?