+ Reply to Thread

Question Dialers that support BT?

I am looking for a Voice Dialer that supports BT Headsets. I found this one:

http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/products/ppc.html

But it doesn't support digit dialing and it requires you create a voice recording for each contact instead of using voice recognition.

Any ideas?

Both MS voice command and Fonix support bluetooth dialing, you just have to press a button on the PPC to get it started.
    iPhone 3GS !!

Are you saying that when you hit the VC button, the actual voice command is sent through the BT headset instead of the built-in mic? I didn't think this was the case.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Re: Dialers that support BT?

Neither of those apps support CORRECT BT Dialing. Press the MulitFunction button on the headset then speak. This way the phone is never touched.

This is the way the BT 1.1 standard is properly implemented.

Originally posted by earthdog
    I am looking for a Voice Dialer that supports BT Headsets. I found this one:

http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/products/ppc.html

But it doesn't support digit dialing and it requires you create a voice recording for each contact instead of using voice recognition.

Any ideas?
    VX6600, 1GB SD, PhoneAlarm, SuperAlert, Agenda Fusion, NutShell Case and ProClip Car Mount, Logitech Freedom BT Headset
    Don't STEAL, the IRS doesn't like competition!

Re: Re: Dialers that support BT?

Originally posted by earthdog
    Neither of those apps support CORRECT BT Dialing. Press the MulitFunction button on the headset then speak. This way the phone is never touched.

This is the way the BT 1.1 standard is properly implemented.
    I may have to differ with your opinion of "correct". If this worked that way for a standard, wired headset, then maybe, but I can't use the button on the wired headset to initiate a VC command, and I can't use the mic to give a voice command. Therefore, the BT headset has the same functionality as the wired headset, which seems 'correct' to me, though being able to use the headset button/mic would provide 'additional' functionality.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

Re: Re: Re: Dialers that support BT?

Even Fonix confirms this is the way it is supposed to be. They have not done thier connection with the API for this functionallity. They said it is comming soon.

Originally posted by lmychajluk
    I may have to differ with your opinion of "correct". If this worked that way for a standard, wired headset, then maybe, but I can't use the button on the wired headset to initiate a VC command, and I can't use the mic to give a voice command. Therefore, the BT headset has the same functionality as the wired headset, which seems 'correct' to me, though being able to use the headset button/mic would provide 'additional' functionality.
    VX6600, 1GB SD, PhoneAlarm, SuperAlert, Agenda Fusion, NutShell Case and ProClip Car Mount, Logitech Freedom BT Headset
    Don't STEAL, the IRS doesn't like competition!

So, is it a bug, or functionality that was left out of the app?

Does thier app work with a wired headset? Even w/o the BT functionality, even that would be pretty cool - keep the device in my pocket and do everything via voice command from my stereo buds.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

So for now, is there any application that allows you to hit a button on your PPC, and this allows a connection to the BT headset, and opens the application?

At least this would allow me to buy a BT headset until full implementation (i.e hit button on the headset to establish connection and initiate application.)

Right now, it is my understanding you can't use the voice dialers and a BT headset at the same time, due to the fact that no connection to the headset is established until you actually answer or dial out. And not when you hit the button that initiates the dialer app.

That's my understanding as well. With VC, the 'headset' button, be it the wired one or a BT Headset, is not an option as far as assigning a button to activate it.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

The problem lies with Microsoft and their bluetooth implementation. So no there is not a "correct" dialing like you would see with a bluetooth phone, where you hit the button on the headset without touching the phone or PPC and it would ask for a name. But you can get it to voice dial from the headset (bt or not) if you hit your connect button on the headset first, then hit the activate voice commands button on the PPC, although seems if you are this close to the PPC it kind of defeats the purpose anyhow.

From what I gather this will not be fixed until the next iteration of windows mobile is released.
    iPhone 3GS !!