+ Reply to Thread

Inbox Syncing with Activesync

I just got the XV6600 and it is excellent, I am signed with Verizon where the phone goes onto the POP servers and pushes the mail to the phone, when I pick up the e-mail on Outlook and sync it, Activesync doesn't delete the e-mail on my computer that I have deleted on my pdaphone, and it creates duplicates on my pdaphone. Anyone have similar issues?? Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks!

The option I use is to go into "options" on Active Sync and uncheck the "inbox" tick box.

Not a great option and there may be others out there.

Good Luck,

Bob Duckworth
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

Actually, the phone "pulls" email from the POP servers. That's kind of the way that POP works - it's kind of one-way, and once an email is in your client app, you can delete it from the client app and/or the server (sometimes - depends on the client, usually), but no other client that has already downloaded it will be affected. There's no function (as far as I know) in POP to say to the client "This email was deleted on the server, delete the local copy". This is one of the advantages of using IMAP.

What I did was use Outlook on the desktop to pull all my POP accounts, then just Sync my Inbox. I don't know if that will work in your situation.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter