+ Reply to Thread

Exchange 2003 & Syncing Folders

OK here's the deal...

I have a XV6600. Email is syncing properly with Exchange BUT I have a folder structure in my exchange box that includes probably 40 folders about 3 levels deep.

The folders and email seems to be fine and in order when I first do a sync but then later after the phone has time to sync through the air folders start moving to the root (inbox) level. Bottom line is I have folders all over the place. Anyone had this problem with Messaging on their device?

Thanks,

-Jonathan

I haven't seen this using a pure Exchange ActiveSync (I uninstalled VZW activesync from the device before even creating a partnership.)

Are you using the VZW Sync app?
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

No.. I just point it at the URL of my server which allows mobile sync with Exchange 2003 and use my username and password (no SSL) and sync away.

edit: By the way I did not remove Verizon's sync program the icon appears at the bottom of the screen on the device.

-Jonathan

I got to thinking that I use an application called HTTPmail to check my hotmail account as a seperate account. I wonder if this could be causing the problem.

That's basically what I'm doing (Exchange ActiveSync). All my Folders are under my Inbox, and I do have at least 3 levels with no problems.

If you're syncing direct to Exchange, you don't need the VZW app. Try removing it from the Device in Remove Programs.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

We'll I opened a case with Microsoft on this for $35 which by the way seems very reasonable considering that I thought it would be $245 since it involves Exchange.

Anyway I got no direct resolution to the problem about the folders moving out to the root level but they showed me how to set up AUTD (always up to date) on the Exchange server.

The way I had been configuring things was to doc the 6600 on the cradle and select sync with server, add all the server settings then select the folders I want to sync etc. This time I set everything up without docking or cradling and did everything start to finish over the verizon network (server settings etc.) Maybe by me combining cradling with over air syncing to the Exchange server the folders were getting screwed up? Don't know but I'll see how this goes for a few days and report back.

So far everything is cool I just wish I could get a notification of new messages or at least new messages that go into folders other than the inbox.

-Jonathan

P.S. Here is the document Microsoft sent me about AUTD with Exchange:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...2003/autd.mspx

Originally posted by lmychajluk

If you're syncing direct to Exchange, you don't need the VZW app. Try removing it from the Device in Remove Programs.
    Imychajlik:

Are you referring to "Sync Client" and that it can be removed? I too sync only via Activesync and Exchange. So I guess I don;t nee the sync client program?

Just as soon get rid of stuff i'll never use
    "Put on God's whole armor, that you may be able successfully to stand up against the strategies and the deceits of the devil"

Ep. 6:11

Yeah, that's probably it. I don't see it currently on my device, and you can't uninstall ActiveSync itself, so it must be.

BTW - your issue w/ connecting over the VZW network, did you change the Server Name in ActiveSync? When I set up my partnership, it put the Exchange Server name as "Server1" (the local NetBios server name). To get it to work over the net, I had to change it to the DNS hostname, 'mail'.mydomain.com.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730