Closed Thread

Audiovox patch and XV6600

I have been away from the forum for a few weeks due to travel.

Couple of quick questions.

Is this the right file to download for the BT problem if I have a Verizon XV6600woc?

HA_VZW_13500_115_01140_WOC.exe

Is the instruction in the .exe? Where do I find out what the ROM actually fixes?

Has anyone tried this Audiovox patch with the HBH-660? I have been quite happy with the 3500C and VC1.5 (except for the slowness of my PPC now).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, just download that file, run it and it will automatically update the ROM on your phone. Make sure you back up your contacts and any other important data before you apply the patch because it will hard reset your device. This upgrades the bluetooth stack to 3500 and also upgrades several other things on the phone.

A word of caution, I was more or less in your shoes (but hadn't braved 3500C), but after upgrading, I can't get VC 1.5 to recognize worth a damn.

YMMV, but I'm trying to get back to pre-upgrade to get my VC back...

Originally posted by Gizmoboy
    A word of caution, I was more or less in your shoes (but hadn't braved 3500C), but after upgrading, I can't get VC 1.5 to recognize worth a damn.

YMMV, but I'm trying to get back to pre-upgrade to get my VC back...
    Thank you for the heads up... base on all the readings I have done. I believe I will NOT be upgrading the ROM.

The 3500C rambo style was really a piece of cake. No issue for me when I loaded it (obviously except for the memory error).