+ Reply to Thread

SMS - Text Messaging Issue

When I received Text Messages IE someone sending 5555555555@vtext.com it is not recieved correctly on my XV6600.

What I get is in the FROM: 6245
    The return to address mrhim@hotmail.com is in the body of the message. Long messages are split in two.

Anyone know of how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by sphinx88; 02-24-2005 at 09:51 AM.

This is just the way text messaging works on the xv6600. There is no way to "fix" it.
    XV6600, EVDO

To reply from sms, send to 6245 with the body of the message as follows, without the quotes and substituting my data for the real address and sunject:

"email_to_send_to@their_domain.com (subject goes in parenthesis) body comes last"

There is a 160 character limit to a sms, hence why they call it Short Messaging Service or sms.

So, to send a longer reply and not send it from your phone number but from your email address, copy the email address you found in the incoming sms, and go into your regular email in pocket outlook and repy from there, sending to the email address you copied.
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Originally posted by rhochstetler
    This is just the way text messaging works on the xv6600. There is no way to "fix" it.
    We just need someone to develop a better SMS software package.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    There's this really cool thing on this forum. It's called the "Search" button.

Try typing in "6245" as the search term.

If it doesn't work for you, by all means, start a new thread. All of us do care if the search function is broken.

Ehud

With much due respect Ehud & Larry, using 6245 and email doesn't come close to addressing what is lacking with SMS on these devices.

(Granted, a new thread wasn't necessary here.)

It is really tough for those of us who have experienced better text messaging to settle for those alternatives on an otherwise superior Smartphone. It seems to be a problem that can be fixed easily by a talented software developer.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar

SMS Message splits

I've found nearly all of my SMS messages are getting split into 2 messages at a minimum (lots of news messages, weather info, and status from home network).

This was not the case with the i700, so it must be with the XV6600 and not Verizon ...

Anyone have any ideas on changing this?
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    If you have access to your mail server, you can set your messages so that the length is 160 minus the sender name length minus the subject length minus 4. That prevents them from getting split.

The reason they get split is VZW already does all that (except the last 4) and then the phone (wme2003se) adds the "6245" part, then splits it into 2 to take care of the last 4...

Ehud