+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lexus Bluetooth

Lexus Bluetooth

Has anyone successfully paired the 6600 with Lexus' BT/Navi system? I was thinking about getting a Lexus, but I don't really have a need for the Navi system. But that is the only way to get BT integration, so I was wondering if it was worth the 2000 clams to get it.

Any thoughts? For those with other BT cars, how do you like the BT integration? Use it much, or just a PITA?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Re: Lexus Bluetooth

Originally posted by mwfielder
    Has anyone successfully paired the 6600 with Lexus' BT/Navi system? I was thinking about getting a Lexus, but I don't really have a need for the Navi system. But that is the only way to get BT integration, so I was wondering if it was worth the 2000 clams to get it.

Any thoughts? For those with other BT cars, how do you like the BT integration? Use it much, or just a PITA?
    I have a Jeep Liberty with UConnect, chryler's bluetooth integration package. There's no readout, short of phone numbers on the radio that are calling in or calling out, and there's no cross-phonebook integration. (I guess some Honda's have a phonebook or something?)

Anyway, the Chrysler UConnect has a 25 entry phonebook, with 3 #'s each per entry. And it'll pair with something like 10 phones?

(meaning, the vehicle has its own phonebook, and dials tone's across to the phone. For my normal car-usage this is quite sufficient).

I think the line-option is $325 on the sticker.

Works great, no problems. I like it. Its much easier then futsing with the phone. You just leave bluetooth on, get in the vehicle, start it up. Boom, your paired. No messing around, no screwing, always automatic, always works.

Incoming calls auto-mute the stereo and let you answer or not. Outgoing call is a button-press on the rear-visor and then voice-activation beyond that. You can even startup or shut-off the vehicle and it'll repair or fall back to the phone automatically.

For $325 its worth it. Not sure what $2k includes in the lexus. If it includes GPS stuff? It might be. GPS's can be quite nice as well. I have a stand-alone unit there that sits on the dash.

btf

Re: Lexus Bluetooth

Originally posted by mwfielder

btw.. I'm using a SprintPCS 6601. (not sure if that really matters)
    btf

I'm away on a trip until Friday afternoon. But as soon as I get back, I'll be trying to pair my new PPC 6600 with my 2005 RX330.

I originally had the 2004 without the Nav system, but included it with my 05 and love it.

I just drive around town, but have found it to come in handy many times. The Nav system is the only way to get BT.

I'm curious to see how MS Voice Command works with the 6600 BT stack.

I'll post tomorrow when I get back.

I have the Verizon XV6600 and it works with my 04 LX470. The only thing is I couldn't get the phone book to go over to the car (I had to use an old Ericsson to send the phone book) and the phone screen does not show the signal strength. Pairing was easy and straightforward.

The only problem I have had is on occassion, when dialing out of the car, not all of the digits get sent to the phone. Volume is also hit and miss. SOMETIMES callers complain that my end sounds hollow and distant.

Richard

Sprint PPC 6600 and 2005 Lexus RX 330

Initial pairing was easy and successful.

Car makes successful BT connection each time I get in. No problems with sleep mode that others with the 6601 have had.

I can use the cars screen to dial numbers, the steering wheel to initate/end calls and adjust the volume with no problems.

Car does not display signal strength nor can I transfer the phone book. I spent some time playing with the contact list with no luck. WM2003 allows me to select and send a signle contact via BT, but only the first few characters transfer over. I even tried creating a contact that was only a phone number, but even it would not completely transfer over.

There must be some standardized format (other than what MS Outlook uses) that other phones use. I even though about trying to create some type of tab deliniated file to play with, but I can not find a way to send a file via BT. I'm new to the PPC and BT and don't know if I need to create a different BT profile to do this. And even if I did, would the car receive the info?

Actually, my dream method would be to activate MS voice command with the steering wheel and use it make the calls. I thinks others have stated they believe MS is working on an update to Voice Command that would allow that BT connection to activate VC. I sure hope that is true.

Someone else stated they use Sprint's $5/month voice dailing option and therefore they only need to have that single *(whatever) stored in the car. I just don't want to manage two sets of contacts.

Quick update--I got a GX470 with Navi, which has the Bluetooth. Initial pairing was great--no issues. Still learing all the functions, but would agree with rossarmstrong's comments above.

Pros---Integrated phone with car volume control, steering wheel answer/end, automatic recognition of device.
    Cons---you have to initiate Voice Command from device (from there the car takes over), no transfer of phone book, occassionally misses a number.

But that is only after playing with it for a day....
    Jeremiah 29:11