+ Reply to Thread

XV6600 and HS820

I realize that some of the threads got a little crazy b/c of the confusion/misuse of PPC6600/XV6600/and the 6601. Hence, I started this thread to ask a specific question.

Looking for input from VZW XV6600 users that have applied the ROM update and use a Moto HS820...how's it working?

I'm using the HS810 now and it works fine since the update....waking up when PDA is off and incoming call is recieved...quite quickly!! Now, the blue LED is starting to get on my nerves. I just happen to see a flash of light out of the corner of my eyes and start checking the phone for messages.

With the HS820 (after the patch to the XV6600), is it waking up when the PDA is off and an incoming call is recieved? Are you able to answer calls in that scenario? How do you feel about sound quality?

When I was using the Moto v710, alot of users preferred the 810 because of better functionality/integration. Since the XV6600 is a whole different beast, I'm trying to reevaluate the 820 and might possibly go with that. Any insight is appreciated and valued!! Thanks everyone!!
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Thumbs up I am using HS820 on ppc-6600

I realize that this is a different version of the phone but I find the HS820 to work well.

I have no prior bluetooth experience but the sound quality is fine.

I would say the limitations are in a noisy room. The sound level can be low and the background noise can be high.

This seems un-avoidable in a package that is so small.

For general use it reacts to the button presses quickly and sounds fine.

...Brad

have the xv6600 and hs820...no problem at all. Before the update, once in awhile the darn xv6600 would wake up for no reason. after udpate, no issue.

g35mt

I accidentally packed it instead of my Plantronics for a 3 week trip. It has been working fine. No noticeable change since the upgrade but I'd been using the "C" patch prior to performing the upgrade.
    Last edited by Beryl; 02-24-2005 at 09:32 PM.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Mine sucks!

I have the HS820, it is going back to VZW this afternoon. Full of static, very low volume, sounds bad on the other end. I applied the ROM update right out of the box when my XV6600 arrived last week. I have had no problems pairing, waking up from sleep etc, it just sounds lousy!

Tom
    To most people, the sky is the limit.
    To those who love flight, the sky is home

Other than the earphone volume being too quiet, I find the HS820 to perform very well with the new patch. I've also stopped using it in favor of the Plantronics M3000. It's reconnects from wakeup about as fast as the HS820 (~ 3 rings), has the same control features, but is considerably more loud.

I have the HS820. Out of the box, it would never wake up. Had to re-pair everytime I turned on my 6600. Once I downloaded the patch, it works perfectly. Hasn't failed to wake up since. I haven't had any problems with static, but the earpiece volume is a bit low, especially if you are in a noisy environment.

Originally posted by Kupe
    Other than the earphone volume being too quiet, I find the HS820 to perform very well with the new patch. I've also stopped using it in favor of the Plantronics M3000. It's reconnects from wakeup about as fast as the HS820 (~ 3 rings), has the same control features, but is considerably more loud.
    I too bought the Plantronics M3000. Too good a price to pass up. So far, it's fine. Plenty of volume and acceptable audio quality.

Bob Duckworth

My HS820 works fine with the new XV6600 ROM except for low volume. However, I didn't have any problems with it before the upgrade, either. bob

Thanks for the replies!! I think I'll take the gamble when I go out during lunch today.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

My impressions

So I went out for breakfast and stopped by Cingular to pick up the 820...VZW had no more in stock. Just as an aside...I love it when they offer to order things for you. HELLO!?!? I could do that myself AND get a better price.

Back at the ranch...pairing was painless. Basic operations work. The in-ear volume does seem a little lower than the HS810. The real test will be on the train ride home tonight. I was pleasently surprised by the microphone quality. When I got the v710, there were alot of negatives about echo and garbled sounds from HS820 users. I called my voicemail and left a message and it sounded as clear as if I was using my HS810. Of course, that will be tested in the 'real world' when I call my wife. If she compalins...fail. If she doesn't notice...PASS. I did notice some popping...not static though. It seemed to change in severity as I changed the orientation of the PPC (in hand, in pocket, etc.). My test for that is to put it in the case, recieve a call, and then judge quality.

At least on the outset, I'm pretty happy. That could change after tonights commute. Thanks for everyones input!!!