+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

PPC 6600 Outlook Email Problem

I set up my 6600's Outlook with my POP3 email account and I have no problem receiving emails. When I go to send an email, I receive an error message stating that the message was not sent due to "Invalid Recipient". All my email contacts are correct.

I am using my domain name as my outgoing smtp server (smtp.domain.com) and a SprintPCS Tier 2 Tech told me to use the smtp.sprintpcs.com. When I did that, I was receiving error messages for both sending and receiving (Weird).

I changed back to the domain smtp outgoing server after another Tier2 Tech said that the smtp.sprintpcs.com will not work for my POP3 email account and that I needed to contact my host provider to have them allow for "relaying" of emails. The only problem with that is that I use outlook on 3 different computers with the same email address and I can send and receive emails from all 3 without any problems.

I tried everything that I could think of including selecting and de-selecting the Server Requires Authentication check box and nothing will allow me to send emails.

Does anyone have any input?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Randomly varying things isn't a helpful way of making things work. Shame on the sprint tech reps.

"Invalid Recipient" -- is that an error you're seeing as a popup from Pocket Outlook? Is it what you get back as a rejection note from your provider? Please provide some more information to make this a useful error condition.

Second, find out if your provider supports smtp authentication (SMTP AUTH). If they don't, you are done. Not going to work. If they do, check "Server Requires Authentication" and don't unchck it, and make sure the smtp server is correctly set... and then report what errors you have.

Last thing: do you use wireless synch - are you trying to send using the wireless synch service or the "Text Message" service and not your (POP3 Service name here) service?

Can't think of anything else...

Ehud

When I send the email through outlook (not textmessage, those go through fine), I immediately receive an email from System Administrator stating that the Recipient is Invalid??? and my email that I attempted to send is moved to the Draft Folder.

I use myhosting.com for my domain/website/email hosting and according to their instructions for setting up outlook, we are to choose authentication. No matter if I do or dont, I can't send emails (we have dsl at the office so we are using sbcglobal's smtp server for our outgoing server).

I set up my sprintpcs mail using the smtp of smtp.sprintpcs.com and I can send and receive no problem with sprintpcs mail.

I have sent an email to myhosting.com support staff to see if they can do anyting about it on there end.

I'm not sure why you're getting the error from the Outlook (wireless synch). Did this happen before the upgrade? Have you done the upgrade?

As to the normal mail... that should work, unless you have the wrong SMTP server or username/password. But then you couldn't get incoming mail.

Beats me

Good luck

POST WHEN YOU KNOW THE ANSWER

E

The PPC 6600 does not have an option for entering a username or password for the Authentication.

Im lost.

Ehud, you may still be on the right track for the user id / password for the SMTP server - SMTP doesn't come into play for retrieving your email.

biggdaddy007, you may also want to find out from myhosting.com if they support connections to thier SMTP Server from external networks. (Can you follow thier instructions and get an Outlook client running from home, for example?) Many ISP's don't.

I'm also assuming you've tried a couple of different email addresses, and a bad email address is not the issue? (I once had a user swear up and down that she had the right email, but they were always bouncing back from this one guy. Sure enough, when she got ahold of him by phone, his email was different.)
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Originally posted by biggdaddy007
    The PPC 6600 does not have an option for entering a username or password for the Authentication.

Im lost.
    If the user ID that you need to connect to the SMTP server is differnent than the one for the POP (incoming) server, you'll need to use a different mail client, like WISMail. P-Outlook doesn't support this.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

I am using 3 different email accounts (all with myhosting.com) and none of them are able to send emails through my PPC 6600. Myhosting.com is telling me to use sprintpcs as my smtp setting, which will not work as well.

I have these email accounts set up at my office, at home, and my laptop and I do not have any problems. I use Outlook on two of the pc's and Microsoft Entourage on my laptop. In fact, we use DSL at the office and at home and I need to use SBCGlobal's smtp outgoing setting.

I am getting a little frustrated as my SprintPCS mail can be sent out on my PPC 6600 but not my POP3 emails.

Originally posted by lmychajluk
    If the user ID that you need to connect to the SMTP server is differnent than the one for the POP (incoming) server, you'll need to use a different mail client, like WISMail. P-Outlook doesn't support this.
    Where can I pick up WISmail and is it available for the PPC 6600?

Whoops, meant WebISMail, here: http://www.pocketinformant.com/p_webismail.php

But, you'll still need to find at least one SMTP Server you can use to make an outbound email connection through.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

Actually, I was able to finally figure it out. I had to contact myhosting.com and enable smtp on my email account.

Good to go and thanks for the information

OK, have fun!
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

I am having trouble also. I can recieve e-mails using my pop3 but when I try to send them I used to get it returned from the system administrator stating the message had an invalid message recipient and now when I write a message and hit send it just sets in the outbox and won't get sent even after I click on send and receive. Please help

Originally posted by Robroy
    I am having trouble also. I can recieve e-mails using my pop3 but when I try to send them I used to get it returned from the system administrator stating the message had an invalid message recipient and now when I write a message and hit send it just sets in the outbox and won't get sent even after I click on send and receive. Please help
    RObroy:

Which carrier are you using and what email software do you use?

Poutlook will often not work if using an ISP outside that of your carrier as there is no method allowed in Poutlook for a separate SMTP account authorization section. Most ISP's now block their SMTP servers from outside access to avoid relaying spam and you typically will get the failure message that you are seeing when this happens.

Bob Duckworth

Fully Converged
    biggdaddy007
    What did you do to get it to work? When I posted the same exact question I got no answer from anyone on this forum. When I contacted Sprint they couldn't get it either. Please email me how you fixed this problem. The only way I can respond to an email is through my sprint account. And that's a hassle. I have to copy the senders address, reference the topic , then send it. Instead of simply sending a repy! In case someone wants to give a solution. Here's my info. I have a subscription through Netzero, and adelphia cable. Any solutions guys?
    Sprint Pcs Palm Pre

I use Verizon, and now it won't even establish a network connection. I am about ready to throw it in the lake and go back to the Blackberry.

Robroy: see my suggestion in one of your other threads about the same problem.

Short answer: try a hard reset, and see if it's a hardware problem or some interaction with something you installed.

E

Fully Converged
    Hey Ehud. No suggestions hugh?
    Sprint Pcs Palm Pre

It's a very weird problem he's experiencing. If he can't connect to the 1xRTT network from places where he previously connected, I can only guess it's one of three things:

1. Hardware problem
    2. Software problem
    3. Verizon turned his 1xRTT access off. I list this for completeness but it's unlikely.

The best check for hw/sw problem is to do a hard reset and then see if he can connect.

I suppose I should ask if he installed that stupid gbsoft-tweak but it's easier to cover all bases with the hard reset.

Ehud

problems

Well I went to the Verizon Dealer and they didn't change my data service from the Blackberry to the XV-6600, so they did that and told me they couldn't help me with anything else and gave me a number to call. I called the data service tech people and they were pretty helpful, my username and password were wrong, once I put the correct one it it seemed to work. At first it would only connect at 1XRtt and real slow, it kept dialing out connecting and then disconnecting to get a connection all the time. But now when I woke up this morning it is in EDVO and connecting fast with out any visible dial outs? Go figure. I have given up on trying to e-mail directly but the wireless sync seems to be working sporadicaly now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast