+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth and Activesync not working

I have a PPC-6600. I am trying to use activesync via Bluetooth. Seems like I am missing something very simple, but need some help. I did have this working, but not sure what happened to not have it work.

I go to Bluetooth manager and setup new ActiveSync for Bluetooth. I follow the instructions it says when setting up new. I figure out what COM port BT is coming in on the serial port and setup activesync to accept connections on this port. Originally when I had this working it set it up as COM6. Now it is setting up my serial port via BT as COM8 for some reason.

I then go into Bluetooth manager and in my shortcuts connect to the activesync I have setup. It connects to my computer via Bluetooth serial port but Activesync does not open.

I have also gone into activesync and used the Get Connected while the BT serial port is active and it does not find it.

I am running activesync 3.8. Activesync works fine using USB/cradle.

Not sure it matters, but I can successfully use dial-up networking from my laptop to my PPC-6600 to surf the net.

Suggestions/help? I might be missing something simple here, but don’t know what it is!

Thanks.
    Last edited by Wolf_Racer; 02-24-2005 at 05:01 PM.

See the notes on this in the sticky FAQ. I've done this dozens of times and got stuck many many times scratching my head. I've tried to keep writing those notes down in the FAQ. There are some switches that magically get turned off that you sometimes have to turn back on.

ActiveSync (3.8) operation with BlueTooth

has anyone been able to use activesync through BT on xv6600? so far I am not able to activesync successfully.

I see the session getting intiated on the 6600 but never completes successfully.

Thanks,

Taher,

Try a soft reset after pairing. Also ensure that your com ports from you bluetooth active sync profile match the activesync com port. There are supposedly problems with high number com ports so that might be interfering as well.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Works great for me....make sure you iniatie the activesync session on the xv6600 not the PC. You need to first create a BT activesync connection if you have not already done so....

I am using COM8, when ActiveSync scans the ports, I see the session getting started on the xv6600 but never succeeds.

trying it from the PPC side, it sees my notebook's name, but I get the the following msg "Service Discovery was unsuccessful"

I did successfully get the dial-up working, it's very nice to surf wireless. I also got to send files from my notebook to the xv6600 using BT connection.

ActiveSync is still does not work. The only hint of the problem is that I see a dial-up request on the xv6600 when ActiveSync from the notebook starts a BT session, it should be a serial port connection not dial-up request.

basically stuck for now,

Taher,

Im here!!
    Try changin your com port to 1-4 in device manager that worked for me.

NexVision,

how do you force the com port range to be between 1-4 on the notebook side. I am using windows Xp. It always picks up com8.

Thanks,

Taher,

Im here!!
    I use Win2k but should be the same process.

Right click on my computer ----> manage ----> device manager ----> ports ----> choose the port in question double click ----> port settings ----> advanced. If ya need anything else dont be afraid to ask.

I did take the com port down to com2 and com1 (using device manager advanced port settings). still did not work.

does the BT stack version makes a difference?

I have BT-PPC/PE ver 1.0.0 build 2400

Thanks,

Taher,

Im here!!
    What is the exact error you are getting have you paired the ppc to your computer. And edited active sync to use a serial port.

PPC 660 Bluetooth problems

I just purchased the PPC 6600 and am having trouble getting my phone and PC to sync via bluetooth. Both see each other, however I can not get them to communicate. Any ideas what I can try?
    (I have tried pairing them and it doesn't help)

Thanks

Check the FAQ at the top of the forum. If I recall correctly, it's got pretty detailed instructions.

Dan