+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supercharged VX6600?

Has anyone seen this link?

http://evdo-coverage.blogspot.com/

Here are their claims:

"SuperCharged! XV6600 Highlights:
    1. VOIP Enabled. Free or dirt cheap International Voice calls.
    2. 33% faster CPU Clockspeed (531Mhz)
    3. near Double the bandwidth.*
    4. Near Double Battery Life over Stock.
    5. SuperCharged! XV6600 is now a world phone.
    6. Circumvent Verizon's Net and their Billing System too "

Does anyone know how to achieve these results?

Re: Supercharged VX6600?

Originally posted by freestylenyc

Here are their claims:

Lie.. thats how.

sofa king we todd did superdave's Avatar
    Heh,

That's pretty funny the speed increase is done by scalling the chip up to 533. But, the funny thing is then to say double the battery life, which is done by scalling the chip down. Not really supercharged just changing the speed of the chip. If you want to do that you can download autostep from here which does the same thing. http://www.sdsoft.net/xdaiii/xda.asp

,Dave
    Last edited by superdave; 02-24-2005 at 08:14 PM.

Interesting. So, there isn't a way to overclock and increase the battery simultaneously? How about increasing the bandwidth?

I don't have evdo here so im not sure what there referencing on the bandwidth. But if you keep the same battery and increase the speed of the chip there is no way to get longer battery life. You will definitly get longer battery life if you decrease the speed though.

,Dave

The overclock utility on pocketgear will vary the CPU speed depending on load, so when it is really busy it runs faster, and it scales down when you are idle for better battery life.

You can also set it to scale down in certain apps that don't need a lot of power, to save battery life.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=7258
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

My Bluetooth is built in!

Re: Supercharged VX6600?

Originally posted by freestylenyc

Here are their claims:

Id guess off the top of my head they:

1. Installed Skype
    2. Used an overclocking utility to max out the clock speed then lowered it to the minimum possible for number 4.
    3. are lieing
    4. Underclocked the processor.
    5. Installed Skype and a SDIO wifi card
    6. Installed Skype and a SDIO wifi card
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Whichever...

With a BT headset, when the phone rings, it needs to activate CPROG.EXE, load the BT*.dll, and get your bluetooth headset working.

That's not a lot of "time" for an xscale-based concept to bump up the CPU horsepower.

Dave's utility is nice... and it's let me see I don't want the processor running any lower than 300MHz (worst case), 400MHz (normal case).

In other words, if it saves any battery time, it does so at the expense of missing valuable incoming calls, SMS, etc.

Ehud

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    Originally posted by superdave
    I don't have evdo here so im not sure what there referencing on the bandwidth. But if you keep the same battery and increase the speed of the chip there is no way to get longer battery life. You will definitly get longer battery life if you decrease the speed though.

,Dave
    Dave,

Why can't you do this for the XV6000? You wrote the code for the i700 that increased CPU speed, tripled battery life, gave it near OC3 bandwidth, and increased my manhood ...

The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

SuperDave's Util: Predictive Text

Originally posted by superdave
    Heh,

That's pretty funny the speed increase is done by scalling the chip up to 533. But, the funny thing is then to say double the battery life, which is done by scalling the chip down. Not really supercharged just changing the speed of the chip. If you want to do that you can download autostep from here which does the same thing. http://www.sdsoft.net/xdaiii/xda.asp

,Dave
    Dave -- Thanks very much for your AutoStep software, works great on my vx660. I noticed on the same page the util for selecting predictive text when using the keyboard; I installed it but I can't seem to figure out how to use it. My thinking is that the software added a Button 9 where only profiles for 8 buttons existed. I've set Button 9 to call AcceptPredict, but I don't know what button(s) to press to accept the suggested text when typing. The instructions on the d/l page indicate, "you will be able to map the blank button (button 9) to it. When predictive text apears instead of hitting down and enter you can just hit the blank button" -- which is the "blank button"? Incidentally, the icon represented by the new Button 9 profile looks like Button 4 (email), but when I try select this button rather than accepting the text, it calls up messaging. Can you explain what I'm doing wrong? What is the proper setting and what button(s) do I push to accept the predicted text?

Once again, thank you for all the utilities you created -- the PhoneLock software looks interesting to me in that I'd like a pic of who is calling. I thought the vx6600 would do this on it's own as I have Pocket Informant installed and a .jpg associated with many of my contacts within PI. But, this doesen't work. I'd rather not have to go thru and rename "Dave.jpg" to "5551234567.jpg" for each of my contacts; is there another known software available that would allow me to assoc. a .jpg per contact and call it up when an incoming call is received?

Thanks in advance for your help! You really are "Super" Dave!

Not sure why it shows the email icon for the app, maybe because the app does not have an icon. If you have button 9 set to launch AcceptPredict, then when you see a text prediction appear you should be able to hit the white blank key that is right next to the Tab key on the keyboard. The app then sends the keystrokes to accept the prediction.

I'll have to look into alternative ways to select caller pictures. The current way was a quick easy way to get the functionality working.

,Dave

Thanks Dave!

Wow! That was a "Super" fast response SuperDave. Duh, I didn't even know there was a blank, programmable key on the keyboard. I get it now and it functions to select the predictive text as you indicated.

One thing, for us "newbies" you might include the location of the key "to the right of the tab key on the keyboard" in your description of how to use the PredictiveText app so we'll know where the blank key is.

Before you're app, I used to be annoyed by the predictive text. Oddly enough, when I choose predictive text in the past in some applications (can't recall which at the moment), it would minimize the current text entry screen and call up either the Today screen or sometimes even Windows Media Player. I can't seem to duplicate this issue now (since installing Audiovox's patch - many oddities were fixed).

Anyway, thanks again for your appz and your hard work! Keep it up; I look forward to seeing what you'll come up with next!

Wow, superdave - this thread intoduced me to who you are - I just tried phone lock and love it.

The pocket hack master I linked people to is too complicated - should I switch to your clocking utility? Will it slow it down when not very active to conserve battery power, and speed it us as CPU load goes up when more speed is needed?

Thanks!
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Dave,

So I installed your overclock program and it was running @ 533. However, the icon seemed to have disappeared. I am going to reinstall and see what happens.

After selecting 533... did you select "Minimize" or "Exit"? THe latter closes out the app.

I've always thought he should rename them and move the buttons so the one on the lower right is "Exit" which means (close this window but do nothing else) andthe one on the left would be "End Application" which would really end it.

E

laryganz,

The app will not adjust the speed according to the app, it just keeps it at the desired speed. It will let you set AC and Batt speeds though.

Hmm, I thought the buttons were pretty clear, but, yeah you need to hit minimize to keep the app going. The only reason the Exit Application button is there is so that it will remove its notify event if you want to upgrade or uninstall.

,Dave

I should add that I never said a word, because I love the app as it is and think it's a wonderful contribution.. and I try not to burden developers

E

Heh, that's cool. I actually like feedback, that was the original driver for putting the buttons there. A lot of i700 users were having problems when upgrading. Next update, i'll see if I can make it a little more apparrent.

,Dave

Their page is no longer talking about a supercharged "VX"6600. Instead they're hyping the I730 (except they're calling it the SCH instead of SPH).

Of course they're suggesting they'll be able to sell it before it's available for general release by [name your carrier].

Oh well... and here I was going to do some benchmarks with xcpuscalar to see if I could substantiate double the battery power

E

I thought it was the SCH, at least that's what Phonescoop had it listed as.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter