Closed Thread
    DSG

Cool 6600 playing music through my car!!

I'm a novice to all this PDA stuff and many of you already probably are aware of this so indulge me.I just downloaded my favorite Internet stations from Shoutcast and when I get in my car I connect my 6600 to my car stereo via that cassette adapter and a pin adapter to the PDA....now I can play satellite music through my car and its great quality..like having free service to Sirius almost..for long trips I also have the PDA charging through the car adapter....love this thing.

Yes its awesome, there is actually a fm transmitter for those of us who do not have a cassette player in their auto. I am still trying to get Sirius.com to work on the PPC though.
    iPhone 3GS !!

DSG
    I played my IPOD through the FM transmitter and was unhappy with the static and quality..I find the music is so much clearer and imaging much better directly using the cassette...glad I have that in my car.

sofa king we todd did superdave's Avatar
    There is also the option of modifying the cradle to get the audio pinouts and directly feeding it into your car radio( if it has inputs). Im working on this now and will post results after im done.

Here are the pinouts which I hope will match the harrier. http://wiki.xda-developers.com/wiki/Connectors

,Dave

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I hate to ask a newbie question... but "search" didn't yield the magic answer.

I know nothing about Streaming, Shoutcast, Sirius, MP3s, or anything other than in very general terms.

Is there any step-by-step guide or HOWTO that I could follow to allow me to hear music (live, delayed, taped, I don't care, just music) on my PPC?

Thanks in advance

newbie-Ehud

Okay, here ya go, "newbie"!

First take a look at this thread and this thread.

My favorite way to stream is GSPlayer and Shoutcast.com. This is how I do it--there are other ways, but IMHO, this is the easiest.

Create a folder in your sync folder called Shoutcast playlists. Then, on your PC, go to www.shoutcast.com. Try stations and find your favorite. When you click on ones that you like, you download a .pls file. Save that file to your Shoutcast playlist folder, and rename it the name of the station. Save as many as you like, they are small (if I remember correctly).

Then, download GSPlayer from here. It will run from the card if you like. Install it. Connect to the web (either via cable to your PC or wireless). Open GS up. In the lower left, click File, open file, and map it to your Shoutcast playlists folder. There all your pls files will be, named by the stations. Click on one and listen away...

Let me know if you have any problems... You can also go to shoutcast.com via PIE and do it directly, but this is much faster for the stations you normally listen to.
    Jeremiah 29:11