+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice

Need advice

First I would like to say I am a Newbie here and look forward to being part of this forum. I just ordered my 6600 and should be here Monday.

I have two issues I would like some advice on and I have been searching my rear off on here and the net in general.

First I used to use a full install kit on my old phone and I love it. I realize the 6600 is new so not much out yet. But I have pieced together what I want, but I am just one item short. I am going to get the sony ericsson hcb-30 blue tooth car kit. Which lacks the cradle and caller ID. The caller ID I can get from my phone which needs a cradle. I have been looking everywhere for a good cradle, but most importantly one that does not mount to the windshield or vent. I want to screw it in like the one I have now.

Hopefully someone here has seen one, or has one.

Second, After reading the 20 some page post on cases I have a couple questions in that area that I need some clarification. Does any one here have a Vaja case, I didnt see any specific info on it in the thread. Also and probably more importantly. Out of the Peil or Covertec..........which one, either, or both has no issues with activating the screen?

Thanks in advance,

Moviemkr00

For mounts I highly recommend Pro Clip Usa. They have several different mounting options. It's what I use.

I don't think Vaja makes a case for PPC devices with the slide out keyboard.

Ok that looks like a good deal for the car mount.

Now between the Covertec and the Piel which one doesnt have an issue with the cover activating the buttons or screen?

I want to order one of these puppies but just cant decide, and I dont want the case activating the phone.

Thanks igreenberg for your info.

Moviemkr00

Just make sure if and when you order the mount from Pro Clip USA you choose both a vehicle mount and a device holder. You have to order/select both individually.

The piel cover is soft enough to activate the screen. Not an issue for me as I use the button lockout.
    xv6600, EVDO, itrek, iguidance

I am very happy with the EB case - you can order one from this site's online store too.

The belt clip is also well designed. I like the fact that even with the belt clip attached to my front jeans pocket it just wont let go easily, so chances of having the phone drop off accidentally are very slim.
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

I'm using a Vaja case for my PPC-6600 I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Originally posted by ElCamino
    I'm using a Vaja case for my PPC-6600 I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.
    What Vaja case and was it made for the 6600?

Originally posted by Smoothie
    What Vaja case and was it made for the 6600?
    that's what I want to know. I just checked their website and couldn't see a version for the SX66

I will try to upload some pics in a few mins just took some pictures hopefully I can upload

Here is some pics of the Vaja Case that I'm using
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need advice-cimg2147.jpg  

Here is Pic 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need advice-cimg2151.jpg  

that's pretty nice. Where did you order it from and what model is it? Link?

I ordered it from Vaja and this was for the HP6315 which I had got last year but phone and service was very bad so I ended up with the case. I cut the flap that covers the front which you can see the back picture and had a shoe place sew the edge which looks like original. The case works great I'm able to use the buttons on the front the only ones I have to press hard are the calendar and contacts but I usually use Voice Command to open these. You can go to www.vajacases.com

Looks great El.........I think i am going to order the Covertec. But both Mobile Planet and Impact says out of stock. Although on Impact they have some conflicting info which also says its NOT out of stock? After reading all the bad mojo from people on here with them I would rather not order from them. Is there anywhere other than getting it from overseas that I can get this puppy? I need a freakin case bad, I am known to drop phones alot.

Moviemkr00

I got the EB one also, nice case.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

lgreenberg,
    can you use the proclip vehicle mount without a pda mount? right now i use my 6600 velcroed (sp?) to a regular pda mount while in an eb slipper case. i'd rather keep the phone in the case for extra protection and not use the custom pda mounts they show. thanks.

Originally posted by crash
    lgreenberg,
    can you use the proclip vehicle mount without a pda mount? right now i use my 6600 velcroed (sp?) to a regular pda mount while in an eb slipper case. i'd rather keep the phone in the case for extra protection and not use the custom pda mounts they show. thanks.
    I guess it would be possible. The vehicle mount has a larger enough surface area that you could lay down some velco on.

Here's a shot of what the mount part only looks like. You could velcro on to it I'd think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need advice-image.asp.jpg  

that should be plenty of room. thanks.