+ Reply to Thread

Lock Phone Problem, does not autolock after call comes in.

I have a PPC-6600 (camera) with Sprint, and after I hit the power button to lock the phone (so I can put it in my pocket), it locks correctly, and calls come in instanly like it should

The problem is, if a call comes in, I have to manually lock it again whether or not I picked up the call.

Why is this a major problem??? If the phone is in my pocket and locked, and I get a call but didn't hear it, the phone is now unlocked in my pocket, calling people and clicking things it shouldn't.

MAJOR PROBLEM.

Am I doing this right?

PS. How do you make it so that it auto locks the phone after a time period. Going to Settings->Power->Advanced actually powers off the phone after inactivity so no calls come in... I think. (Thats what it did last night at least)

Abdiel

Anyone???

Am I the only person having this problem????

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    What are you using to "lock" the device? The built-in password protection?
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

I have seen this! I think that it is a MAJOR loophole for anyone who DISPLAYS OWNER information!!!!. I use XXXX on the last 4 digits on the phone number. So if you loose it & you have the GPS locator ON, maybe sprint can jump on the network for you to find the phone... I just hope that I never misplace the phone....

qu1nn
    HTC Mogul, ROM 3.35.651.2, RADIO 3.35.04 Protocol DCAAXAM-4350H, PRL 60610, HW 0003
    (former PPC6600 user; 2005-12/2007)