+ Reply to Thread

NEED software to disable timed screen off

I am needing some software that can disable the time or give me unlimited time to keep the screen on without using an application. When i read a book in mobipocket and use the auto scroll so i dont have to touch or doing anything and the book just scrolls the light on the screen shuts off after awhile, same thing on my gps. I use to have a TREO and there was a software that i could tell it how long before it shuts the screen off and one option was never, anyone know of a software like that that works on the ppc6600

Are you trying to say that you dont want the backlight to automatically turn off or the phone itself? You can easily adjust these in the Backlight and Power sections under Settings.

That's one pet peeve on gps software (among many others). One package I have does it correctly and overrides the backlight timer (OnCourse) the other (Destinator) does not. OnCourse also doe sthe audio correctly and overrides Audio Volume only while the application is up.

Wow thanks sorry i didnt see that under the backlight the first time i went there, NICE, heck for palm OS had to get a specific software that did that

ACTUALLY, it is not the backlight that i need to stay on it is the POWER entire system, meaning I want the entire PPC to stay on indefinately if I need it to (until battery runs out). I have unchecked the box that is under backlight that says to shut off backlight if not in use for a set period of time, and the system still shuts off after SO CALLED no being used.
    I am using Mobipocket to read books and I use the scroll mechanism (which allows the book to scroll through the pages) so you dont have to hit any buttons to read. Well after a couple of minutes the 6600 thinks I am not using anything and shuts off I want to disable this and keep it on as long as i want it to. I had a TREO and had to load a software called autoon that I could keep on the TREO as long as I wanted to until i told the software to shut off

I also have unchecked the button under POWER setting that says "trun off device if not used for ...", which I thought would keep on the application, ALSO the correct name of the PALM application was AUTO OFF which disabled the automatic off switch if the TREO was not in use

I found AlwaysOn. Haven't tried it, but it's rated as 5 stars. I am going to try it.

http://www.mytreo.net/downloads/deta....html?AlwaysOn

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I'm kinda new here.

How do you install Treo software on a Pocket PC?

Ehud

^^^LOL.

Jancelet, there are seperate settigns for the backlight and actual power off. Did you set both, or just the backlight?
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

sorry i had alwayson on my treo and it was not installed on my PPC-6600 and thanks just noticed that blacklight and poweroff where 2 different settings that I had to make. thanks everyone.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Originally posted by xxplosive
    Are you trying to say that you dont want the backlight to automatically turn off or the phone itself? You can easily adjust these in the Backlight and Power sections under Settings.
    02-26-05