+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Local Retailers with BT800's

I am looking for a local retailer that might have the BT800. Anyone seen a retailer with them on the shelf yet?

I am an immediate gratification kinda guy. I like to pay (even more if I have too) and have right NOW. Rather than order online wait deceided I hate it then have to send it back.
    VX6600, 1GB SD, PhoneAlarm, SuperAlert, Agenda Fusion, NutShell Case and ProClip Car Mount, Logitech Freedom BT Headset
    Don't STEAL, the IRS doesn't like competition!

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    COMPUSA carries them.

I don't know what retailers are in your area... or even what your area is...

Ehud
    p.s. You may wish to remove the word "to" from your signature.

Wow, thanks for the heads up Ehud.

I didn't realize any b&m type stores had them yet.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 02-27-2005 at 02:33 PM.

Picked one up this morning at the Comp USA in my area.

I have read that some phones aren't sending caller ID info to the headset? Can anyone confirm that the 800 gets the caller ID info with the 6600?

I am really contemplating whether I want the 800 and its caller ID feature or if I want a Bluespoon AX for it's tiny size and no ear clip.

Thanks!

Fred
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.

I can only comment on my PDA2K.

Now I've had the headset since 10 AM this morning but the six or so calls I've received have all showed the caller ID on the headset. It's just the number that shows, no name.

I can deal with just the number really. Just wondering about the size and value compared to the Bluespoon. A decision that only I can probably make eh?
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.

I had a Digitial Bluespoon a while back and ended up getting rid of it. It just wouldn't stay in my ear. Like while driving a small bump and the thing would pop out. the BT800 fits nicely.

You're probably right though. It's a decision only you can make.

If you have a Comp USA near you go online and see if they have the BT800 in stock (you can check stock status for stores in your zip code.) This way you could pick one up there and try it out. If you end up not liking it you simply bring it back and return it. Much better than dealing with getting a RA# and mailing something back.

Originally posted by MajesticNJ
    I have read that some phones aren't sending caller ID info to the headset? Can anyone confirm that the 800 gets the caller ID info with the 6600?
    Don't know if this helps you at all, but my HBH-660 picks up caller id (number) just fine and has been working great for me.
    Last edited by muzikluvir; 02-28-2005 at 03:19 PM.
    Treo 750W

Glad to hear these are out now! Was waiting for them. First user review seems positive SO far.
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Don't believe what CompUSA says on line. After verifying that they had it online and with their automated phone service, I went to the store and they had none. I would suggest talking to an actual person in the store.

That's just what I did.

When I went on line only one store in my area said "limited quantitites." The rest said "out of stock."

I called the one store and they verified they had two available. I made sure. The sales person even said, yes, "I touched them with my hands."

This is a little off topic...but I tried another test with the 800. Today driving to work in "loud" pouring rain at about 70mph, I called my office V-mail to see what the sound quality was with the 800...to my surprise, it was really good!

I then turned on the radio (listening volume) while talking to my v-mail, and suprisingly the voice came through...not the radio!

The DSP in this thing appears to really work

I wish the earpiece went further into the ear though...when you push it slightly to your ear this thing is really loud...but just sitting naturally, it is just OK...but as I stated in another post, it works for me!

Maybe Jabra will make a eargel...which would then make this thing the best (IMHO)...

I digress...why doesn't the name show up on the display when the number is from your contacts?
    "Put on God's whole armor, that you may be able successfully to stand up against the strategies and the deceits of the devil"

Ep. 6:11

Solsavr -

The diameter of the Slick Sound add-on may be too small but if it isn't, that is another option.

The sales person at CompUSA said that the correct comparison of the BT800 to my HBH-660 would be that the 800 is shorter and wider. Do you agree?

Compusa site shows the item as "Coming Soon".... Not sure where you folks are seeing it as avail even on the site. (perhaps I'm using the wrong link?)

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...8424&pfp=srch1
    Last edited by bobjamision; 03-01-2005 at 09:11 AM.

Originally posted by bobjamision
    Compusa site shows the item as "Coming Soon".... Not sure where you folks are seeing it as avail even on the site. (perhaps I'm using the wrong link?)

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...8424&pfp=srch1
    I asure you they are available though Comp USA. I bought one at the Comp USA @ Franklin Mills just yesterday.

They changed the product page since yesterday. It does now say "coming soon." However, yesterday it had the "find in store" option enabled. I don't know why they would have changed it.

Odd.

Will check local store this AM - very much in need of a BT set that will give me some VOLUME!

You could always call the stores in your area and ask them to check their stock status in the computer for product #318424

I just got one from the Gaithersburg branch, 301-947-0001 for anyone in that area

They don't have them in Los Angeles just cheked.
    Darnnit! I need one of these after seeing it at CES
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600