+ Reply to Thread
    S and K

Will Win 05 be a option for our phones

I have no idea whats involved with OS system upgrades on Smart phones.

So when Magneto (Win 05 mobile) is released this year, will our phones have the ablity to accept this upgrade.

Then if it is possible, anyone have any idea on cost?

can our device accept the upgrade ? Yes

But the real question is will Audiovox & Carrier offer it or allow it .......and if they do, what would it cost?

Until it is released noone will know.

My question would be, did anyone have a PPC when WM2003SE was released....where you able to upgrade? where you charged for it?
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Originally posted by HobbesIsReal
    can our device accept the upgrade ? Yes

But the real question is will Audiovox & Carrier offer it or allow it .......and if they do, what would it cost?

Until it is released noone will know.

My question would be, did anyone have a PPC when WM2003SE was released....where you able to upgrade? where you charged for it?
    HP almost categorically did not upgrade 2003 images to 2003SE. Many others didn't either. (Perhaps the additions weren't viewed as worth the effort).

Personally, I suspect that in an increasingly low-margin market (in the non-phone pdas), not putting it on became a method to force users to puchrase new pda's (and make more money).

Somehow, I doubt we'll see any non bug-fix upgrades for these phones.

btf

Hmmm... Samsung did upgrade users from Win Mobile 2002 to 2003 for the i700 and i600 for free, so I imagine there is a chance we'll see some big dogs offer a mobile 2005 upgrade. Since the HTC design is so widespread, I think there is a big enough customer base to get them to offer it. I would even pay for it, like I did when I upgraded my ipaq 3765 to win mobile 2002...
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16