+ Reply to Thread

Is the 66XX your main phone?

How many people use the 66xx as there main phone? How do you get around the issue when your device is capturing data anyone who calls you goes straight to voice mail? Has it been a problem? Whats the work around?

Re: Is the 66XX your main phone?

Originally posted by yitzchakis
    How many people use the 66xx as there main phone? How do you get around the issue when your device is capturing data anyone who calls you goes straight to voice mail? Has it been a problem? Whats the work around?
    My only phone is a Sprintpcs 6601. I use data moderately, but not excessively like some. Ultimately, if you're using data excessively there's no way around the calls going to voice mail.

The voice mail/calls issue isn't an issue for me, given that the data-connection is so often down. If its up and the call goes to voice mail, I just call back as I usually get the voicemail notifcation as soon as the data connection goes idle.

btf

I can't rely on a PPC6601 or SX66 to be my primary phone. The low volumes and poor bluetooth headset performance prevent me from using it as my primary phone. I missed too many calls, dropped too many while using BT headsets, and I keep losing the BT pairing (this is my 3rd BT headset. So it can't be the headset problem).

My SX66 is my primary data source away from home. It is great at web browsing and emailing, especiually when using WiFi, the vastly faster connection.

Originally posted by TonyH
    I can't rely on a PPC6601 or SX66 to be my primary phone. The low volumes and poor bluetooth headset performance prevent me from using it as my primary phone. I missed too many calls, dropped too many while using BT headsets, and I keep losing the BT pairing (this is my 3rd BT headset. So it can't be the headset problem).

My SX66 is my primary data source away from home. It is great at web browsing and emailing, especiually when using WiFi, the vastly faster connection.
    Have you updated your firmware? I don't have any bluetooth problems with the latest 6601 rom patch.

btf

My xv6600 is my only phone. I don't even have a home phone. W/ EVDO, calls still come through (I think), but I'm not one to get or make alot of phone calls, or spend a lot of time on the phone, either personally or for business (currently), so it's fine for me.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Originally posted by lmychajluk
    My xv6600 is my only phone. I don't even have a home phone. W/ EVDO, calls still come through (I think), but I'm not one to get or make alot of phone calls, or spend a lot of time on the phone, either personally or for business (currently), so it's fine for me.
    As an side.. even with EVDO, calls don't come through when data is actively being transferred, its just that its so much faster it goes back to idle much quicker.

This was brought up in some other threads, and its a common myth it appears.

fyi,
    btf

My SX66 is so reliable it has replaced my landline. If a call goes to voicemail, so be it. If it's important the caller will leave a message and I will get notified as soon as my data goes idle (usually not very long). BTW, my bt headset works perfectly since I updated to the 3500 version.

The XV6600 is my primary cell phone, I have a LGVX8000 as a second line to use when my XV6600 is tied up syncing on on the web (or to give the kids if we leave them at a practice or something).

Occasionally I will forward the XV6600 phone calls to the LG8000 if I need to carry one small thing or will be doing a lot of data (I have a PDA watch as backup for my phone book). If I can't have a camera phone with me, then the XV6600 fits the bill and I can leave the LG behind and forward calls the other way.

The LG8000 is the one I can turn off when I don't want to be bothered, but the XV6600 is the only way for my medical practive to reach me after hours - via voice calls, text message or email.

Well still have a regular line for home, and my wife has her own cell phone as well (a moto V60i which she always goes back to after trying new phones and not liking them, including a LG6000 and Treo 600).
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

PS: With our family plan $59.99/mo for 2 lines, the LG8000 only costs an extra $9.99 for the 3rd line, so it is an affordable spare.
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

Originally posted by jlczl
    My SX66 is so reliable it has replaced my landline. If a call goes to voicemail, so be it. If it's important the caller will leave a message and I will get notified as soon as my data goes idle (usually not very long). BTW, my bt headset works perfectly since I updated to the 3500 version.
    I'm curious:

1. What BT headset do you use?
    2. Which BT3500? The Siemens Firmware update? or the Broadcom CAB?

My BT problems began right after the Siemens update.

Originally posted by TonyH
    I'm curious:

1. What BT headset do you use?
    2. Which BT3500? The Siemens Firmware update? or the Broadcom CAB?

My BT problems began right after the Siemens update.
    Odd. With the Sprint 6601, all my bluetooth problems went away with the rom update. Its running BT3500, plus a 3601 btcecore.dll or some such.

btf

I'm using this as my primary phone with good success. Yes, rings can be somewhat quiet, but that's easliy overcome with updated ringtone files and add on apps for alerts (show me a smart/pda phone that does everything you want without add-ons). My bluetooth has been working great since the update with my HBH-660 and the data/email capabilities work great while I'm away from my desk.

I do have a vonage line as well that I use for a second areacode / aux line when my 6600 is tied up, but definitely my 6600 is my primary.
    Treo 750W

Sickwidit
    My 6600 is my 2nd phone. I'm really heavy on data and with calls rolling into vm when using data I couldn't do it. I really don't mind though cause many times I need to be on the phone while using data on the 6600 for things like resetting users passwords and other network issues.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

The 6600 is my main phone. With EVDO it rings through just fine if I am doing data which I do all day at work. I am not a big talker.

On the weekends when I am running around a lot my Sammy A650 or my v60S are better companions. I use them on a seperate line.

Only have my 6601 not even a home phone.
    No problem here and I am on the phone or using data all day.
    Some issues but over all it's great!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Verizon XV6600 is my primary and only phone. I still have my Treo 600 as I slowly migrate over and get my XV6600 stabilized (the ROM upgrade went a long way). I am a very heavy data user / light phone user. The phone quirks can get annoying; but so far it hasn't let me down in a jam.

Once I get an Exchange server setup here, the phone will be heaven (true push email service)

Exchange + 6600 = Heaven

This phone works great with Exchange and is truly a fantastic extension of my office. When I'm on the road the thing does everything I need.

I have to get the exchange server setup too. Don't have one and never have. But it is the key thing I think will make this device the ultimate tool.
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600