+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3300 Lion Batteries (Mugen) Work as Advertised XV6600

Folks - Mark, from Lion Batteries, was nice enough to rush ship us a 3300 so we could test on our XV6600's.

EDITED - See post below - the 3300 we have causes Re-Set when pushed in during normal use. Fatal Flaw

First Impression's - SIZE... I was expecting the battery to be larger than it actually is. Although the battery is not "too large" it may effect the case you choose to use with it - see below.

Note -

1 - The 3300 battery will not fit into the second slot on the base cradle - so in order to charge the 3300 you either have to have it on the phone and use the cradle -- or on the phone and use the ac adapter. I have multiple offices and like to keep a cradle with extra battery in it at all times - therefore I plan to make use of the 3300 and a 2200.

2 - Your current case may not fit or work properly with the 3300. To date I have only tested it with the Piel Frama case and while the case can stretch around the battery it causes the snap closure to be quite tight. I tend to use apps (audible, pocket player) that I want to keep running when I have the case closed (so I can't use Button Lock)- the fit is tight and this causes buttons to be pressed. I hope that over time the case will stretch enough to allow a better fit.

I have (one) of about every other case on order - Proporta, Cover - etc... will post results as they arrive.

Future Posts - Hope to cover battery life - charge time etc...
    Last edited by bobjamision; 03-08-2005 at 04:34 PM.

Administrator
    so can anyone buy one of these 3300s? i would like to skip the conventional battery and get an extended battery...

Yes these can be purchased now. They are in stock. Don't forget, we close for vacation tomorrow noon. (I really can't wait to go south. We're having a small snow storm here and I NEED some sun. )

Mark
    Come and visit our web store at www.lionbattery.com

Administrator
    what is the run time for this 3300 battery?

Wow $125 (plus shipping I assume) for the 3300. If it doesn't give me at least twice as much run time as I have now, I probably would not get it. The concern that it fits really tightly in the Piel case bothers me as well because that was the one I was going to order. Wonder if Piel can make one that is not as tight for extended batteries?

Originally posted by MajesticNJ
    Wow $125 (plus shipping I assume) for the 3300. If it doesn't give me at least twice as much run time as I have now, I probably would not get it. The concern that it fits really tightly in the Piel case bothers me as well because that was the one I was going to order. Wonder if Piel can make one that is not as tight for extended batteries?
    You could get the 2200 battery, when they ship fixed for the vx6600/ppc6600 series.

33% more power, and not nearly the wart the 3300 is.

I'll probably do that some day..
    btf

I'm also more interested in the 2200 mAh battery simply because of its flatness; does not require a custom case, will fit into the charger, less bulky, etc. First I gotta wait till the latch issue is resolved.

Anybody have a run time on either the 22 or 33? Curious as to real world numbers........
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Fatal Flaw in 3300 Battery!

Update -

Note - When we got the 3300 we did the "BUMP" test and when it passed with flying colors... IE - battery did not drop to the ground - needless to saw we were very happy! Unfortunately further testing brought to light another serious issue.

Per my previous post I said that we would continue to test the 3300 battery. We have found a "FATAL" flaw in the 3300 battery when used with the XV6600. If you apply pressure to the back of the battery - IE : press the battery while its on the phone you will get a re-set. We noticed this when pulling it out of the Peil case that from time to time it would turn off. We checked the latch it appeared to be fine. I can confirm that on 3 different 6600 phones that if you press the back of the 3300 battery (just slight press - nothing more than a touch) it will re-set the phone.

Summary - 3300 Mugen Power Battery and XV6600 - apply light pressure to back of battery (lower part seems to make it re-set easier) and you get a re-set.

At this point I'm not sure that the fix they are working on for the 2200's will work with the 3300's...

Interested to hear from anyone else who has a 3300 and a XV6600.
    Last edited by bobjamision; 03-01-2005 at 07:59 PM.

Ouch!

You buy cheap from China, you get cheap from China.

0BD

I am sorry about that but your 3300 battery on hand have not get improved yet. The improved version still not shipped!

Looks like this extended battery is not ready for prime time. When I was in the business, I saw 3rd party batteries that had the following problems:

1. Makers did not use the actual mold of an OEM battery, but estimated the dimensions.
    2. Sonic weld was poor
    3. Internal intermittent connections due to poor soldering at battery terminals and cell connections.
    4. Used lower grade plastic for casing.

The last 3 items can cause resets in the phone. The first item was a fit problem.

I do know that most of the china manufacturer would have the those problems. But I am sure MP battery not fit just caused by the fitting problems becoz we don't have the original data of housing desgin.

guess it is time to pick up another standard battery then......... and wait for the extendeds
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Manfred (manfredng above) is from Mugen Power the manufacturer of these batteries. He will be here to answer your questions while I'm on vacation.

He advised me that the 3300mAh batteries that we've already received are not the modified ones based on the Audiovox VX6600 battery problems. The 3300mAh batteries I have in stock are still not recommended for the VX6600.

It does work nicely in the PDA2K and other models based on this version (MDAIII, etc.)

We are expecting the modified 2200mAh and 3300mAh batteries early next week, but, of course, we will be closed until the 16th when we will begin replacing the returned product and shipping out the new orders.

If you have questions, ask them here or email me. I'll keep answering until noon today (our flight leaves tomorrow morning but my wife actually wants me home to help her pack for this trip. Can you imagine?! ). While I'm gone, Manfred will answer the questions raised. And, if you have comments or suggestions, Manfred would love to hear them. Since he is with Mugen Power, he can easily pass the messages back to the battery developers.

Mark
    Last edited by mef38; 03-02-2005 at 06:10 AM.
    Come and visit our web store at www.lionbattery.com

Mugen 3300 battery and PDA2K

While I don't have the 6600, I have the PDA2K and the 3300 Mugen and the two works well together. No resets or issues.

BTW: The battery life is definitely more than 2x the original based from my brief use.

The weight is not any more noticeable than the 2200 mAh version (which I also have). The 2200 mAh version was slighly heavier than the original (i.e. I noticed it for the first couple of days).

The buldge of the 3300 mAh is not as bad as it appears in the online picture at LionBattery (I think it is the perspective of the shot).

Very happy with it thus far.

Adrian

Administrator
    exactly what i am going to do until this is all sorted out...

thanks for posting feedback...

Originally posted by gameboy213
    guess it is time to pick up another standard battery then......... and wait for the extendeds

Originally posted by manfredng
    I do know that most of the china manufacturer would have the those problems. But I am sure MP battery not fit just caused by the fitting problems becoz we don't have the original data of housing desgin.
    If you don't have the factory data for the housing then the dimensions are not going to be precise, unless you do lots of trial and error till it matches exactly with the OEM. This is more work than getting the specs from HTC or whoever manufactures their batteries.

There maybe "slight" variations in housing design, dimension wise, between XV6600 and PPC6600/6601, SX66, PDA2K, etc. These need to be looked at, not only by examining units, but also having the actual engineering spec for each unit and comparing.

Is anyone using this battery with the XV6600? Looking forward to getting our new 2200's as soon as Lion gets back from Vacation - also see a real need for the 3300 - if it gets modified.

I would be happy with the 2200 mAh if I confirm that it is problem free as far as dimension, fit, no unexplained resets, etc. The 3300 is too bulgy for current cases, and cradle.