+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy high pitched buzzing noise on screen?

Is anybody experiencing a very high pitched buzzing noise when you turn the screen on? I don't believe this happened when I first bought the phone.

Also, I've been having intermittent hardware issues with some of the buttons (the send call button would send me to calendar for example...) I tried hard resets with Tech Support, but that didn't do the trick. Then a couple of days later, my battery died overnight... That second hard-er reset seem to do the trick.

wondering if I got a lemon phone...

Administrator
    that noise is the backlight... normal

if you are just starting to have isues with your hardware buttons, double check on the 3rd party apps you have installed.

did these events start to happen right after you installed a particular app or tweak something? i would wager its a program you installed more so than the phone being a lemon...

XDA III Architect
    yup definitely the backlight. Had the noise with my XDA I and my XDA II. Although, NOt that loud with my 6600!! well.. we 'll see, time will tell!!

K
    [a] abort, [r] retry, [g] get a beer!!!

mag
    I had the DPAD problem a while ago. Hard resets didn't help. You MUST remove the battery for at least 1/2 hour. This discharges the backup battery in the phone. The manual says it takes 20 minutes but I have found it to last longer.
    Stock Verizon xv6600