+ Reply to Thread
    BDF

PPC 6600 and MOTO 820 BT headset

I dont know much about these, so im not sure its working right.

It paired up fine and stays paired but i dont think it wakes up.

if the phone is asleep I should be able to hit the button on the headset and dial the last number I dialed on the phone, also it wont answer if its been a while since it was used.

Do I need a different stack or whatever? i have the 6600 and it has 3500 on it.

HELP!

BD

Is the 3500 from the Audiovox update, or from the BT sticky here on PDAPhoneHome?

This combination of HS820 and PPC660X sucks as I understand it from other users. The HS810 and HS850 work better with this phone.

If you use another BT enabled phone with the same headset you usually have to release it to let the 660X use it.

Not sure about the feature you speak of but I have been using my 820 with my 6600 for a few days now and it appears to work fine for me. Rings within one to two actual rings and connects shortly after I place a call and well before the first or second ring is heard.

I'm quite pleased actually. I am running the latest firmware from Audiovox's website. (3500??)
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.

BDF
    im using the version that came on the phone. its a ppc 6600 sprint not verizon. seems to work fine unless it goes to sleep or whatever happens after a while do i need an updated stack?

For Sprint PPC6600, don't use the Audiovox update. That's only for the PPC6601.

You could try BT3900 patch. It is removable with a hard reset, if you don't like it. I think the link is provided in the BT sticky posted by mswlogo.

Also, if you have access to another BT headset, try it. It may work better.

Good luck.

Moto HS820

The range on the 820 is good but the volume is so low that it makes it all but unusable while in the car.

I agree. Great headset, but low low volume. I need something that goes in the ear not over it. Other that that I love the 820

Has anyone been able to find a louder BT headset? I have the same low volume problem as WirelessGeek and Kalugz.

What I heard (here) about the Plantronics 3000 is that it is significantly louder.

So far I have had the Cardo Scala 500...Too much static and no volume. Took it back to pcmall.

Just returned the HS820 Moto and picked up the Belkin BT Headset. I don't think it has a model number?!?! looks like it has a tweeter for speaker though.

I will report back on static and call quality in noisy environments in a few days.

xv6600 and motorola 820

Ok i just got a verizon xv6600 and motorola 820, well when i try to get the bluetooth to find it, it dosent seem to find it. So if someone could tell me what im doing wrong please post or talk to me on aim!

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    There is a phrase that has been used by support departments since the early days of technology. Its called R.T.F.M.

it can stand for "read the FULL manual" or "read the F*%#ING manual". both get the point across nicely and both apply here. read the manual that came the your headset, specifically the section on putting you headset in pairing mode then try to discover the device.
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

Originally posted by Disgruntledtech
    There is a phrase that has been used by support departments since the early days of technology. Its called R.T.F.M.

it can stand for "read the FULL manual" or "read the F*%#ING manual". both get the point across nicely and both apply here. read the manual that came the your headset, specifically the section on putting you headset in pairing mode then try to discover the device.
    Umm i did and its not working, thats why i asked on here!
    Last edited by appleboy; 08-19-2005 at 01:43 AM.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Re: xv6600 and motorola 820

Originally posted by appleboy
    Ok i just got a verizon xv6600 and motorola 820, well when i try to get the bluetooth to find it, it dosent seem to find it. So if someone could tell me what im doing wrong please post or talk to me on aim!
    It sounds like it would be better if you would call Verizon technical support. They can talk you through the whole "which `it' are you referring to?"

Ehud

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    /SNIPPED/
    Last edited by lencarv; 08-28-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Buddy, if you're from heaven, I am not goin' there!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G