+ Reply to Thread

Jabra support on 660x BT Issues

I finally picked up a BT800 today. The main problem I noticed was there was a 4-6 second delay in the pickup time of the headset once activated from a call.

I called Jabra and they quickly brought up 2 items:

1. The AudioVox 660x series is only BT 1.0 not 1.1 or the current 1.2 version. And they proved it by bringing up the file versions.

2. Due to this fact the AudioVox 660x failed their internal testing and was not approved.

To confirm that is was really the phone I paired it with my wife's NOKIA BT phone and it actived almost immediatly on call.

I am very disappointed with the LATEST FLASH that AudioVox didn't provide at least BT 1.1 compatitablitly.

Oh well I guess I can only return the BT800 and wait for AudioVox to maybe get us a fix....

Back to my Logictech BT Headset that works fine, bulky but works!

***********UPDATE**********

3/2/05: I talked to Jabra again this am. They had a support staff meeting this am to review the BT800. They were told the BT800 is having a widespread issue. The develpoment team is working on a FIX for the 6 second delay amoung several other issues. The are not sure of the fix will be a downloadable fix or if the headsets will need to be exchanged by Jabra.

However, they at least confirmed there s problem with the BT800 for now with many phones.
    Last edited by earthdog; 03-02-2005 at 08:19 AM.
    VX6600, 1GB SD, PhoneAlarm, SuperAlert, Agenda Fusion, NutShell Case and ProClip Car Mount, Logitech Freedom BT Headset
    Don't STEAL, the IRS doesn't like competition!

Update

Well I just had an interesting talk with Audiovox support.

They say the phone is 1.1 compliant BUT the BroadCom drivers/software is not.

So I asked what is my solution. He asked how long I had the phone I told him 2 weeks he suggested if this was really an issue I many want to consider returning the phone.

That just blew my mind. I love the phone I thought I might get some help from Audiovox.... I guess not.
    VX6600, 1GB SD, PhoneAlarm, SuperAlert, Agenda Fusion, NutShell Case and ProClip Car Mount, Logitech Freedom BT Headset
    Don't STEAL, the IRS doesn't like competition!

Thumbs down

so now what?

So what is the solution? Is this a drivers issue or a hardware issue? It sucks that we pay this much for a top of the line phone and we are stuck with less than current technology
    PPC6600
    HBH-660

Sounds like we need new Broadcom drivers to take advantage of 1.1 features and from what I gather, Audiovox isn't going to be of much help.

Not to mention that Verizon/Sprint would have to approve the patch right?

Bah....I am DISGUSTED with the fact that this futuristic top of the line device has 1.0 bluetooth firmware.
    Last edited by MajesticNJ; 03-01-2005 at 08:12 PM.
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.

Your Audiovox bluetooth conforms to BT 1.1 standard.

If your heaset has BT 1.2 it will, and should, fall back to 1.1 when paired with your phone.

I did not try the Jabra BT800; only the BT200 and 250. Neither one worked well with the PPC6601. There are plenty of threads here aboutbluetooth headsets and what works best for various users.

I agree with TonyH, the Audiovox and other blue angels like the XDA IIs according to their specs are bluetooth 1.1 compliant. The 1.2 specs here http://www.dvhardware.net/article2100.html and some info on bluetooth 1.1 http://www.nwfusion.com/news/tech/20...3tech.html#how . Specs for Imate PDA2K http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?P...=DETAILS_PDA2K . O2 XDA IIs bluetooth pdf attached. I've checked the site for the Audiovox and it doesnt give detailed specs. I think Jabra are trying to pass the buck on their product not implementing the bluetooth spec properly as it should be backwards compatible with 1.1. As for the Audiovox info dont know where they got that from (and i suppose its possible the non-GSM versions have differnt bluetooth) but unless HTC has given its partners false info im going with the Audiovox being 1.1 compliant. As TonyH said other Jabra headsets dont work too well with these phones so i think the issue is with the Jabra and not the phone. The Motorola HS850 which is bluetooth ver 1.2 doesnt exhibit the same slow connection issue.

Earthdog, what model of nokia did you test it with?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by efjay; 03-02-2005 at 06:06 AM.

Re: Jabra support on 660x BT Issues

Originally posted by earthdog
    I finally picked up a BT800 today. The main problem I noticed was there was a 4-6 second delay in the pickup time of the headset once activated from a call.
    I also picked up a BT800 this morning and am a bit disapointed with both the lack of volume and the fit. It can be worn comfortably, but only after fidgeting with it to get it in just the right spot. I did notice that the connection time seemed slow. Some calls initiated from the phone never connect to the headset, even though bluetooth manager says that it is paired.
    Too bad, the caller id feature is cool, and the callback from the recieved call list seems to work well. I'll return it tomorrow....
    XV-6600 w/Audiovox ROM update
    Logitech Mobile Pro BT Headset
    Motorola HS850 BT Headset

Administrator
    more negatives than positives.... ill keep using my plantronics.....

I bought the BT 800 also. I first paired it with my SonyEricsson K700i; had the 4-6 sec delay. I then paired it with the Blackberry 7100t that I bought for my upcoming Asia trip and it worked like a charm (no delay). However, since the 7100t couldn't read excel and pdf's that efficiently (small screen), I traded it for the HP H6315 and the 4-6 sec delay returned. And yes, the H6315 has BT 1.0.0. I can't believe some of the juke these manufacturers put out! I have to return the BT 800 now because I have to use the H6315. By the way, the H6315 is a piece of junk. I also have the Dell x50v and it works sooo much better. (600Mhz processor vs the 200Mhz on the HP). So far I average 2.5 soft resets daily on the HP. Yes, daily.

Update from Audiovox + 3900 patch

I did both the audiovox ROM upgrade plus the 3900 drivers.. much better. PPC 6600KIT (Sprint) with Camera

Now once the PocketPC goes into sleep mode and I get a call, the BT 800 is paired up..sometime on the 2nd ring, sometimes on the 3-4th ring.. before doing the 3900 patch, it would almost never connect before going into voice mail

So the 3900 patch helped with the BT800? Interesting........ I might have to do that myself!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600