+ Reply to Thread

i am using sandisk wifi sd card with 6600 but...

do i need to do something to sprint vision connection first before i use wifi. i got the signal and seems to be working fine. but i notice that i cant tell if its using vision or my wifi network? i did speed tests and notice sprint is at low 200 kbps and wifi card is low 400 kbps, is this accurate. it doesnt seem much faster tha sprints connection.
    also i notice when i put the sandisk card in, it doesnt light up and get recognized?
    mark

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Download Socket's drivers. They work much better with the SanDisk card, and the monitoring software is much better too - let's you see if you're connected, got a good WEP key, signal strength graphs in live update... etc.

Ehud

how do i download the drivers? is it ok to mix it woith the sandisk card? maybe i should get the socket card instead of the sandisk i got?
    how can i remove the sandisk software from my phone and possibly reinstal it?

1. From Socket's site.
    2. Yes
    3. I liked it better, because its performance was more consistent but essentially it is extremely similar hardware.
    4. Start Menu -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs -> the sandisk drivers

so i removed the sandisk files, now i just go to socket and download the socket drivers. thats it? also, do i need to remove anything from my laptop that has to do with the sandisk stuff?
    thanks a million

Once you've got your card working right, PocketWinC is a good app for monitoring WiFi networks. It sniffs available networks and gives you signal strength in dBm or graphics, lets you set preferred networks, etc.

MR29ROSE: you don't have to remove anything from your laptop.... I've actually installed the Socket Drivers on top of the Sandisk drivers except it leaves a startup errror (of no significance other than its annoyance.)

You can just install the Socket drivers and have fun.

TonyH: The build-in Socket stuff gives you a smaller version of that (signal strength is only available once you've attempted to connect). Thanks for the tip

E

ehud
    i dont know why i cant getthis lousy card to light up when inserted and the 6600 doesnt pop up the wireless networks anymore? what setting is wrong here? i had it working once and now it wont acknowledge the card. i tried reinstalling the sandisk drivers, i also tried the socket, nothing?
    mark

Try keeping the card in and doing a reset. Then make sure when you go to settings->system->memory->running applications there's nothing running.

I had "Messaging" running, which of course is normal for a PPC, but that prevented the PPC from recognizing the card.

If you softreset with the card in, you should see the card light up before the screen shows the normal icons and stuff.

E

is the socket also complicated like the sandisk, or is it easir to use etc?

I found it much easier... and more intuitive. If you don't like it you can always uninstall it and reinstall the sandisk drivers.

E

i will try socket drivers again bit last time it did nothing?

oes bluetooth haver to be off? im still getting nothing, even with these socket driverrs. now it shuts offf my bluetooth for some reason when i reset the phone

i think i realized that before i take outthe sandisk card, i need to turn off the wifi readio and than pull iy out. i than realize it recognizes the card when i reinert it and than i tap the icon below and turn on radio and it lights up and works.
    now i wonder, what if vision is on? will it still work and use the wifi connection over the vision, or does vision need to be turned off. and how can i turn off vision without hacking and putting the button on my sprint ppc-6600.
    siggestions please, i am almost there.

anyway to save the wifi driver program to the phone to make sure it doesnt delete from device? i noticed earlier it wasnt under connections but when ireinstalled it, it said it exists?
    should i move it somewhere special?