+ Reply to Thread

Time Sync on Sprint Network

It seems to me that the 6600 does not get a time update from the Sprint PCS system. Maybe I've missed a setting somewhere, but under time and date it allows only a manual setting of a home and visiting time zones.

Since I travel frequently, I enjoyed the Treo's setting allowing it to be set to the local time zone automatically.

I've been playing with Pocket Controller to control the 6600 from my desktop. It has a nntp time synch feature on the PPC side of the app. Maybe I can just use that.

I did a search for this topic last week and found a couple of threads on it. If those threads are accurate, the time only gets updated when you do an ActiveSync.

Administrator
    correct. the ppc phones do not get updated OTA.. only thru AS or you manually...

I don't see the problem, other than when you travel across time zones.

XP PC's sync their clock with a time server, and the PPC syncs with the PC. So, as long as you ActiveSync fairly regularly, you are in good shape.

-BD

The i700 synced time ota... it was nice except that pocket outlook doesn't know how to handle different time zones.

Administrator
    i am speaking on the sprint versions...

Yeah, VzW has a little applet that asks to do time sync OTA or manually in the phone options on the i700. They seem to be the only ones with it.
    John

Originally posted by jpmihalk
    Yeah, VzW has a little applet that asks to do time sync OTA or manually in the phone options on the i700. They seem to be the only ones with it.
    I wonder if all it takes is a registry edit for that to show up in the phone options?
    Jeff

HTC Fuze