+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy ***FIXED*** HELP! Can't connect via Modem anymore

Long time lurker. First time poster.

I just got my PPC-6600 last night and have had a ball with it so far. That is until this morning when I goofed it up.

I didn't like the name Sprint PCS Vision for the data line (you know...the one for #777). So I went into "Manage my existing connections" and just changed the name from Sprint PCS Vision to Sprint. Clicked Next and then Finish. The next time I tried login via the modem, it started asking me for a password.

So then I called Sprint Tech support, Tier 1 couldn't help. Tier 2 couldn't help either since he wasn't that familiar with the phone. His final recommendation was to take it to a store and see if they can reflash the ROM.

I'm hestitant to do that but I am going on a trip tomorrow and it would be nice to have a data connection.

I've soft rebooted and hard rebooted to no avail. Same old problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by bc022372; 03-07-2005 at 04:25 PM.

Did you do A hard reset by holding the power button and push the soft reset at the same time. It Should go back to factory like you got it.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I did a hard reset since I lost all my contacts and appts. Fortunately, a synch with PC fixed all that. The only thing I didn't have to do was setup the phone again. All the work I did last night with Sprint was still loaded.

You mean you can't use vision anymore? Or can't use it as a wireless modem with a PC.

If you lost Vision, call Sprint again and get to Tier 2 and keep pushing for someone that does know. Vision is not touched on Hard Reset.

One think you could try is change your password on you vision up on your www.sprintpcs.com setup. that will try to download viosion setup again. after changing it, watch the phone and it will switch to IOTA mode for a few minutes.

I couldn't use the 3G network for any kind of download/surfing/whatever whatsoever. The good news is that I dropped the phone off at a store and the techs were able to "re-image" the phone. I did a synch when I got back home and everything worked fine. Moral of the story, don't rename the Sprint PCS Vision connection.

Try to re-push your password from the www.sprintpcs.com/manage, then go to PCS Vision Password.